- Full Time
WHIO-TV has a rare job opportunity for a Graphic Designer to join its dynamic creative team. The position includes a diverse mix of media experiences for an enterprising designer. Work inside Cox Media Group Ohio, a leading-edge media center, creating still and animated graphics for a variety of cross-platform projects including the #1 ranked CBS affiliate in the country, as well as projects for a variety of digital properties, newspaper and radio. This position requires a 2pm-11pm weekday work schedule.
• Bachelor of Arts or equivalent training
• Ability to work under tight deadlines while maintaining a high quality of work
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects
• Excellent communication skills
• A great attitude and desire to collaborate
• Strong project management skills and ability to prioritize
• A strong graphic design portfolio (resumes without a link demonstrating your work will not be considered.)
• 1 year of professional design experience in a broadcast environment or equivalent
• Knowledge of Chyron, or other graphic playback systems
RESUME MUST INCLUDE DEMO LINK TO BE CONSIDERED
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-OH-Dayton-1611 S Main St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing