Digital Web Analyst
- Full Time
We are seeking an innovative, curious and hard-working senior digital web analyst to join our growing Data Analytics and Insights team. Analysts use our extensive database platforms, tools and data sources to create deep insights about our customers and business and then drive those insights into strategy and our transactional business. The digital analyst should be experienced working directly with large volumes of data using Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, SQL and other tools. This analyst will join a team of high performing analysts who work collaboratively to solve problems quickly and support a fast-moving organization. Our business changes quickly so the ability to explore and understand new data and problems on deadline is key – it also means that we work hard to stay current on the latest technology and tools. The analyst works directly with a variety of clients including senior executives, so the ability to communicate complex information in simple ways is key. This particular analyst position has the responsibility of supporting digital analytics through big data development, analysis and reporting.
• 30% - Proactively and independently use data and business knowledge to find new ways to answer key business questions and understand how to drive revenue and improved customer experiences across our TV, radio and newspaper products. Develop advanced analytical strategies to solve business problems and delivery them with minimal supervision. This involves understanding the business problem, identifying relevant data, gathering and summarizing data meaningfully and applying appropriate statistical analysis to identify causal relationships and predict future outcomes. Deliverables must be high-quality with strong attention to detail.
• 20% - Act as a consultant with business stakeholders to help them understand what metrics and analysis will offer the insights they want as well as offer thought leadership about the direction of our business. We seek to maintain a tight alignment between analytics and business issues as well as to communicate insights and analysis results.
• 40% - Develop and maintain meaningful reporting, dashboards and data processes to help drive strategic execution and identify opportunities. This includes operational scorecards, routine reports as well as ad-hoc requests.
• 10% Collaborate with other analysts to document, develop and create shared analytics resources.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Information architecture, MIS, computer science, statistics, engineering, mathematics preferred
- 4-6 years of analytics experience working with a variety of data sources including data from media businesses, web and digital product data such as Google Analytics or Site Catalyst
- Experience working in a large data environment doing SQL development
- Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics or related software required
- Big Query (Google Cloud Platform) experience a plus
- Knowledge of MS Office, Project Management practices
- Strong desire to learn new software, skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with creative and analytical thinking – knowledge of how to ask and answer questions with data
- Experience managing large projects with a close attention to detail and high-quality performance
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-223 Perimeter Center Pkwy NE
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing