- Full Time
Communications Officer for Advising & Testing
At AMIDEAST we pride ourselves in being a leading American non-profit organization engaged in international education, training and development activities in the Middle East and North Africa. We also pride ourselves in providing 40+ days of paid leave and a great 401k with 6% matching.
AMIDEAST is seeking a Communications Officer for our Washington, DC office. The Communications Officer assists in providing support for the operations of international advising and testing at Headquarters and field offices. Responsibilities will include:
- Serves as a liaison with advising and testing clients and with field office testing staff.
- Conducts research for proposals, presentations, and other materials.
- Write/conduct review and substantive editing of proposals, reports, and business plans for clients, universities, businesses, and ministries; and others.
- Design and adapt sales and other presentations for all testing and advising products and services.
- Create and edit content for TOEIC USA, Testing, and U.S. Study Web pages.
- Write press releases and other announcements.
- Create e-marketing/social media promotional campaigns and produce multiple e-newsletters for specific country audiences.
- Produce staff testing e-newsletter.
- Develop marketing materials and resource lists.
- Research competitor tests and products, locate new tests, conduct background research on potential clients and markets, and provide explanation of current product features.
- Support planning and marketing for events such as the AMIDEAST StudyUSA Egypt fairs, other AMIDEAST fairs, and outside exhibition opportunities.
- Oversee/maintain updates of testing- and advising-related Facebook pages and other social media outlets.
- Participate in social media forums and e-mail groups to advance marketing goals.
- Maintain, expand, and update Marketing & Sales SharePoint. Review all material and direct staff to appropriate content for their needs.
Ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree in English, Business, or a related field with a minimum three years’ professional work experience. Candidate should have excellent writing and editing skills and experience in writing and editing proposals, reports, web content, social media content, and/or newsletters; and in creating PowerPoint presentations, and offering contributions to proposals. Candidate will need precise attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to work under pressure, excellent computer skills, and outstanding research skills.
Enhanced preference may be given to candidates with a Master’s degree, knowledge of or experience in international education and standardized testing, knowledge of U.S. higher education, experience in marketing, knowledge of sales, knowledge of the Middle East and North Africa, experience in an international context, and/or some proficiency in Arabic and/or French.
Please provide a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to http://jobs.amideast.org.
** Only candidates who submit a cover letter in addition to their resume will be considered **
AMIDEAST is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation