- Full Time
The Daily Dot is the most comprehensive source for original reporting on web culture and streaming entertainment. Our content reaches 12 million readers each month. We help readers live better online, whether that means finding something new to watch, learning the latest about net neutrality, discovering a new app, or sharing a funny meme.
The Daily Dot is looking for a full-time hands-on editor to help develop and lead the company’s strategic content. If a reader is searching for the best food apps, wants to know when season 3 of Jessica Jones returns to Netflix, or how to use Snapchat like a pro, we want our guides to appear at the top of their search results and in their Facebook feeds. We’re not interested in lifeless articles that sound like they were written by robots; we’re looking for compelling pieces that can inform and entertain readers.
You don’t have to be an SEO expert. We’re looking first and foremost for a creative, detail-oriented editor who moves quickly and has an insatiable curiosity about internet culture.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Generate story ideas through keyword research, competitive analysis, and by analyzing real-time trends
- Write, edit, optimize, and publish strategic content
- Collaborate with section editors to develop an SEO strategy specific to each coverage area and gain a deeper understanding of the section’s voice, tone, and back catalog
- Manage and foster a high-performing team of contributors
- Ensure strategic content articles are regularly updated to ensure accuracy and improve search performance
- Provide insights to the team using Google Analytics
Interested? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have at least 2 years of journalism experience
- You understand the Daily Dot brand, internet culture, online fan communities, and current trends
- You’re comfortable and confident working as a part of a virtual team
- You’ve proven you can meet (or beat) deadlines
- You’re skilled in multitasking and prioritizing in a rapidly changing environment
- You have familiarity with SEMRush, Google Trends, Soovle, Botify, and other SEO tools
The Daily Dot recognizes the value of the broad and rich variety of experiences, ideas, and skills our team members bring to the business. Beyond compliance with government regulations, we foster diversity by encouraging an environment that taps the full potential of each employee consistent with the Daily Dot’s high standards of performance. We believe that there is an ongoing benefit to our families, employees, and community when the Daily Dot supports a diverse workforce.
We are committed to equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity/transgender status, or veteran status.