Nature Research is a flagship portfolio of journals, products and services including Nature and the Nature-branded journals, dedicated to serving the scientific community.
Are you passionate about great content? Do you enjoy working with clients? The custom media arm of Scientific American and Nature is looking for a project expert to manage delivery of content marketing campaigns.
Nature Research Group’s magazine division produces accessible, award-winning science news, feature and opinion stories in all formats under the Scientific American and Nature brands. Our content reaches a large, global audience of scientists, policy makers, industry leaders and science-interested consumers. Nature Research Custom Media applies these capabilities in science storytelling to achieve partners’ marketing objectives. Nature Research Custom Media works with clients around the world to create engaging content and to connect it with high-value, target audiences. Nature Research Custom Media is a new, growing business.
The Account/Project Manager will provide a bridge between the business development function and the creative teams. He/she will lend support to the sales process, and manage post-sale relationships with clients in the Americas. Crucially, he/she will work as part of a cross-functional team to project manage the delivery of digital, print and event-based projects, including: branded content campaigns, custom publications, custom events and integrated marketing programmes. He/she will combine a natural flair for relationship management with close attention to project detail, meticulous organisation and clear communication. He/she will inform and drive the operational changes required to position Nature Research Custom Media as a full-service science communication agency.
- Support sales colleagues where necessary with business development activities, including building solutions, contributing to proposals, preparing costings, attending client meetings, etc.
- Post-sale, act as the primary point of contact with clients for delivery of projects. Maintain deep relationships with clients built on trust, transparency and open communication
- Project manage multiple, content-based projects simultaneously from initiation to completion
- Work cross-functionally with editorial, design, marketing, multimedia, production, and audience insights colleagues as part of a close-knit project unit
- Create materials that outline projects’ scope, goals and deliverables and lead kick-off meetings
- Set project schedules and budgets, and ensure they are met
- Manage relationships with, assign tasks to, and process payments for an international network of freelancers and subcontractors
- Record revenues, track costs and maintain accurate profit and loss statements for individual projects
- Work with global account management counterparts to standardise systems and improve workflows on a continuous basis
Experience, skills and qualifications
- An undergraduate degree in business, management or a scientific discipline. Formal qualification in project management desirable
- Interest in science and science communication
- The ability to understand clients’ needs, and to build and maintain client relationships
- Experience delivering content marketing campaigns gained within an advertising agency, a publishing company or a PR firm
- A proven record of success in the management of multiple projects simultaneously whilst maintaining high standards and meeting tight deadlines
- Fluency with project management software, content management systems and reporting platforms, namely Google Analytics
- Commercial awareness, aptitude for revenue/cost projections and experience maintaining profit and loss statements
- Strong interpersonal, organisational and communication skills, and the ability to influence others
- The ability to work as part of a global, cross-functional team
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following “Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law” poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.
Springer Nature is a leading global research, educational and professional publisher, home to an array of respected and trusted brands providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services.
Springer Nature is the world’s largest academic book publisher, publisher of the world’s highest impact journals and a pioneer in the field of open research. The company numbers almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries and has a turnover of approximately EUR 1.5 billion. Springer Nature was formed in 2015 through the merger of Nature Publishing Group, Palgrave Macmillan, Macmillan Education and Springer Science+Business Media.