- Full Time
Our General Books Group is looking for a Publicist to manage all aspects of a publicity campaign for approximately 2-3 titles a month under limited supervision. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of titles included in the William Morrow and Dey Street imprint(s).
- Publicizes books and authors; schedules interviews with broadcast, print and online media.
- Plan and coordinate author appearances at bookstores, at festivals, and in livestreaming outlets. Book local media in conjunction with events.
- Briefs authors on how to handle interviews, develops media contacts, and accompanies authors on interviews.
- Writes press releases, pitch letters and other promotional materials relating to tours.
- Coordinates all publicity activities on assigned titles from the mailing of galleys to the development of proper angles and pitches.
- Schedules and plans bookstore appearances and special events.
- Coordinates publicity updates for division and sales force.
- Schedules/books author travel; advise department members with travel logistic oversight for multi-author events.
- 4 year college degree or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years prior relevant work experience - including booking experience, thorough familiarity with the media, social media skills
- Experience with/knowledge of genres including nonfiction, lifestyle, cookbooks, mysteries, thrillers, and women's fiction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be detailed-oriented, well-organized and able to set priorities under pressure
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proficiency with WordPress and the Adobe Suite a plus
- Strong detail management skills are necessary to handle multiple publicity campaigns simultaneously
- Able to travel to author events in NYC
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.