- Full Time
NYMetroParents, New York's leading parenting media company, seeks an assistant editor to help plan, assign, edit, write, and produce content for web and print. The assistant editor plays a pivotal role in ensuring a steady stream of high-quality content is produced for the website (including social media platforms) and magazines, from events calendars to short news posts to in-depth features. Additionally, the assistant editor helps maintain and support brand partnerships and content marketing, along with other strategic initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Top-notch editing, reporting, and writing skills, along with excellent news sense
- The ability to generate creative, relevant ideas for quick-turnaround assignments as well as long-term projects
- The skill to juggle multiple deadline-driven projects at once and the flexibility to take on new initiatives and learn new skills on the job as needed
- Experience with at least one CMS and other digital publishing tools
- A solid team player ethic
- Attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy
- Video editing, AP Style, and social media experience a plus
- Competitive salary
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401K with company match
NYMetroParents, part of the Davler Media Company, is the largest publisher of local parenting media in the U.S. Our monthly magazines target Manhattan (Big Apple Parent), Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Westchester, Rockland, Nassau, and Suffolk, all of which are represented on the NYMetroParents.com website.