The Dodo is the leading digital media brand for animal people and the #1 animal brand on Facebook. We’re committed to creating fun, entertaining, emotional animal-related content — everything from cute viral videos to heartwarming rescue stories and meaningful advocacy pieces. Our audience is everyone who loves animals, from people who are obsessed with their pets all the way to people dedicating their lives to making the world a better place for animals. We are looking for passionate, proactive, flexible people who are interested in helping build a brand that not only entertains but makes people around the world feel connected to animals.
The Dodo is serious about data-driven insights as a means of optimizing content and we are looking for a Senior Insights Analyst to join our team. You will support the Senior Director of Analytics in a role that has a deep impact across all functions of the company. Successful candidates will have a strong quantitative background, an innate ability to communicate findings as actionable insights to a diverse audience and an obsession with digital media.
- Ownership of the insights arm across select social channels – including info & data gathering, synthesis and delivery
- Design and maintain dashboards for reporting across our digital channels, with an eye on automation
- Keep a finger on the pulse internally and the digital media space to advise insights needs
- Maintain open line of communication with creative side to ensure no bottlenecks in knowledge transfer
- Record and help synthesize data from a/b testing working closely with the stakeholders on the Video and Distribution teams
- Support individuals and teams on ad hoc data pulls
- Support platform managers in developing benchmarks for success, reporting on platform insights, and relaying data-backed suggestions for optimizing content
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in a digital data-focused role, preferably at a media company
- Strong analytical skills and an aptitude for social media analytics in particular; fluent in Excel, SQL is a +
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; proficient in Powerpoint / Keynote
- A passion for The Dodo brand and a strong curiosity about what drives trends on social & digital media
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects without missing a beat -- this role will involve a balance of ad hoc requests and regular deliverables
- Experience with Facebook Insights and other third-party data reporting tools are a plus
- Ability to think quick on your feet, work independently, and be resourceful when it comes to problem-solving
- A team player -- you enjoy working in a multi-team environment!
About Group Nine:
Group Nine Media is one of the world's largest digital-first media companies and the #1 publisher on Facebook Watch, boasting over 5 billion monthly video views [source: Crowd platform specific analytics modules] and reaching 81% of U.S. adults in their 20s [source: Nielsen]. With over 120 million social engagements each month [source: ListenFirst Media], Group Nine's brands are built for consumption on the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. Group Nine is home to NowThis (the no. 1 most watched social news brand in the world), The Dodo (the no. 1 animal brand on social), Thrillist (the most trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment) and Seeker (the digital leader in science and curiosity). Group Nine recently acquired Emmy nominated, Cannes Lion and Sundance Film Festival award-winning production studio, JASH.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify. #LI-PC1