Sr Manager, Photo Operations
Location: New York, New York
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Work with Photo development team to improve NBCU’s photo asset management system/LightBox re usability and functionality
Produce original content and oversee operational activities for NBCUniversal Television photography department.
Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
Finance: Manage all department computer and photographic equipment purchasingManage photography production budget. Duties include per project forecasting and analysis, invoice receiving and coding, vendor setup and modification, and studio cost share invoicing, etc.
Photo Production:Produce photo coverage (galleries and unit/episodic) for NBC Late Night (The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, Late Night with Seth Meyers, SNL) and offer photo production support, as needed, to all NBCUniversal networks including E!, Esquire, Telemundo, etc; in addition to NBCU corporate assignments.Assign and book external and internal photographers for unit coverage and galleries.Handle photography production process – ingest images, renumber, create and apply metadata files, resize, upload, and distribute via Getty and NBCUniversal Media Village.Perform basic editing (cropping, color correction, light retouching) in Photoshop and BridgeLead creative discussions between photographers, external set designers and internal publicity and marketing departments.Actively pitch images to press outlets
• Minimum 5 years experience in photography, photo editing and photo production.
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Willingness to work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume
Desired Characteristics :
• Bachelors degree Photography, Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related field strongly desired.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Photo Mechanic, Adobe Photoshop and Bridge.
• Must have experience working with digital photography and familiar with photo asset management systems
• Must have experience with budget forecasting and analysis
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.