Assistant Producer, Dateline
Location: New York, New York
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
As an Assistant Producer, you will work directly with producers to assist in all aspects of long-form journalism for distribution across the NBC News platforms.
• Contribute to production of original long form news content, including, story development, booking interviews, coordinating travel for guests, conducting pre-interviews and on-camera interviews.
•Participate in shooting, scripting, fact-checking and editing as directed
• Produce on-line and broadcast segments as needed under the direction of Senior Producer/Producer
• Coordinate with technical, operations staff and external resources
• Organize media for edit and archiving,
• Log video
• Research and procure archival footage- from outside sources as well as NBC stations, Access Hollywood and the NBC Archives.
• Must have at least 2 years of editorial production experience in long form programming for network or cable operations
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree
•Ability to learn a variety of apps/programs quickly – such as INEWS to LMX, Stratus, and Media Central.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news. Schedules will rotate, but must be able to work all shifts, including weekends and overnights. Must be able to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice as dictated by business need
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
•Must be willing to travel extensively to cover stories.
• Knowledge of NBC News Policies and Guidelines and Practices
• DV shooting experience including DSLR/shooting both breaking news and documentary style
• Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news and current events
• Strong journalistic writing skills, research skills, and editorial judgment
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
• Ability to communicate well with the team on the story as well as your manager
• Ability to edit with non-linear editing systems especially Avid a plus, but not necessary.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.