Engagement & Training Specialist (Contractor)
- Full Time
Engagement & Training Specialist
Team: Multiplatform Marketing & Brand Strategy
Status: Full-time, Contractor (position funded through June 2019, with possibility of extension pending budget availability)
Note: The individual selected for this role will not be employed directly by PBS. The incumbent will be hired by a staffing firm as a contractor under the instruction of PBS.
The PBS Brand Refresh for the Digital Age aims to evolve the PBS legacy brand by optimizing it for use on multiplatform media environments. Under the direction of the brand strategy team, contractor will provide activation and socialization support, training planning, coordination, and execution for both internal audiences and PBS member station engagement services toward public launch of new brand in late 2019.
The specialist will work with key stakeholders to strengthen local and national PBS brand identity and help internal colleagues and member stations leverage brand refresh to elevate content attribution and foundation for financial support.
Internal constituents include: PBS headquarters staff across all disciplines and leadership. External constituents include: Member stations including Station brand advisory council, Marketing advisory council members, or other station representatives from varying functional areas.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Immersion into the Brand Refresh for Digital Age project; including cobrand strategy and creative
- Under the direction of PBS Brand Strategist, serve as brand ambassador and station support liaison to engage, socialize and train internal and external constituents on brand guidelines, platform, voice, positioning, architecture and visual system.
- Provide key touchpoints and momentum; manage process for timelines communications
- Develop and execute multiplatform communication for various trainings, events and new or key information to various groups and stakeholders, including using online platforms such as MailChimp and SurveyMonkey and utilizing other existing digital touchpoints and follow up from trainings with stations as needed and relevant
- Produce monthly ‘brand news’ newsletter, sharing all developments for distribution
- Development of content including talking points, FAQ’s, presentation with script and flow for brand trainings
- Conduct brand activation aspects through member station workshops as well as select internal PBS sessions, trainings, webinars and roadshows with key audiences across all regions in collaboration with brand strategy team and developed presentation materials.
- Assist in the development, planning and logistics of regional station brand workshops, webinars, meetings and other seminars in coordination with agency partners; including booking meeting spaces, travel, and catering.
- Serve as an interface and communicator with all PBS member station stakeholders, including marketing, creative, production and other disciplines.
- Collect and track FAQ’s and follow-up as needed, as well as send and collect post-training communication and surveys
- Serve as a brand champion with ability to train others in system to be advocates of PBS master brand guidelines and use of brand package creative elements
- Participate in internal team meetings as well as regular agency status calls
- Engage core station brand-advisory group to consult on new branding initiatives and share out best practices and case studies
- Produce a brand-basics orientation curriculum. Lead a series of quarterly webinars and introductory sessions on how best to implement and utilize the new refreshed brand.
- Conduct in-person sessions via regional roadshows in 5 or more key markets. These training sessions will be centrally located so representatives from neighboring stations can attend them and collaborate with peers in a workshop environment.
- Attend and participate in all brand, marketing and production meetings, including those with brand agency, related to brand refresh strategy and roll out
- Serve as key liaison with creative services teams as station testing and rollout of on-air, digital and print assets begins
- Serve as reference to improve internal and external awareness and understanding of the new brand; provide assistance in response to station inquiries on brand refresh support as needed
- Develop and maintain good working relations with all key stakeholders
Requirements for success:
- 4-6 years agency or other professional experience working on consumer brand, promotion, advertising and/or marketing campaigns
- Bachelor’s Degree in brand strategy, marketing, communications, media or advertising. An equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered
- Ability to comprehend and have a strong understanding of PBS’ membership matrix and internal policies regarding co-brand architecture, master brand trademark policies and station governance
- Knowledge and experience with public media structure
- Demonstrated success in leading projects, cross-functional project management, team-building, seminar/event planning
- Portfolio that includes both commercial and nonprofit clients, broadcast media, digital and social campaigns preferred
- Understanding of pubic media industry and nonprofit sector
- Multi-disciplinary experience including print, digital and social media
- Basic understanding of trademark use, cobrand architecture requirements and guidelines
- Diplomacy and responsiveness working with PBS member stations
- Customer service focus, ability to work with and influence a variety of professional disciplines
- Exceptional written communication, interpersonal and public presentation skills
- Forward approach, critical thinking and excellent problem-solving abilities
- Ability to act independently and confidently; ability to be flexible with evolving priorities
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously
- Ability to grasp high-level branding and positioning concepts and translate them into actionable strategies and tactics
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to amplify brand message across all media and various audiences
- Establish and communicate schedules and timelines
- Maintain trusted partnerships with stations, colleagues and partner agencies
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint required; basic Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign skills a plus
Travel and other considerations:
- The contractor is expected to work a full-time, 40 hour schedule with majority of work to be conducted at PBS headquarters; limited opportunity for telework with prior approval
- Ability to travel 20% of time within U.S. to various PBS member station locations
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities