- Full Time
Greentech Media is seeking a Managing Editor to help coordinate daily news coverage. The Managing Editor will play an important role on the editorial team, working directly with the Senior Editor and Editor-in-Chief to edit style/grammar, fact check, publish content, control news flow and provide feedback to writers. The Managing Editor will be responsible for ensuring that news coverage meets Greentech Media’s high standards for style, speed, and quality. Come work with a collaborative, fast-paced news team covering the most important issues in energy and cleantech.
Do you want to join a leading team of top journalists covering the most cutting-edge energy trends?
Greentech Media is looking for a full-time Managing Editor to join our fast-moving editorial team. The team covers a variety of technology, finance and market trends in solar, energy efficiency, utilities, grid modernization, and energy storage. It also focuses on the evolution of global energy markets, including electricity and oil & gas.
- Quickly and thoroughly edit short-form and long-form articles for style.
- Fact check articles and provide feedback to writers.
- Coordinate article publishing and update Greentech Media’s site.
- Monitor the news cycle and suggest story ideas to editors.
- Format images and graphs to meet style guidelines.
- Work with in-house researchers to edit, format and publish analysis.
- Work with outside contributors to edit, format and publish op-eds.
- Collaborate with digital teams to exceed audience-engagement goals, email newsletter circulation growth, paid subscriptions and other relevant KPIs.
- Participate in GTM Events
- Enforce schedules and deadlines
Our ideal Managing Editor not necessarily need to be an expert in clean energy (although that’s a major plus). She/he should have a passion for emerging technologies and experience in coordinating a diverse team.
More experienced candidates will also be considered.
Skills & Experience Required
- At least 5 years working as an editor.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Ability to schedule and coordinate for a diverse team.
- An understanding of the energy business. (Better yet: a passion for energy.)
- Experience with content management systems and SEO best practices.
- Experience editing images and graphs.
- Experience in audio and video is a plus
- Excellent communication and well-developed relationship skills
- Results orientated and proactive working style required
- Ability to work as part of a team but also self-driven to deliver results with minimal oversight
- Excellent organization and planning skills
Greentech Media Core Values
Greentech is a place where we are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment which encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging.
Greentech values each individual's contribution and helps them reach their full potential while sustaining an organizational culture of health and well-being.
Our core values are:
- Respect for the Individual
- Confidence with humility
We understand the importance of bringing your whole self to work and to achieving a balance between work, family and other life commitments. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements to enable the greatest spectrum of talent to contribute to Greentech's success.
GTM Research is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free from all forms of discrimination. Unsolicited resumes submitted to Greentech by any external recruitment agency via Internet, e-mail, fax, or U.S. mail become the property of Greentech and we are not responsible for any fees associated with those resumes.
In compliance with the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and 1991, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities act of 1990 and all other relevant federal and state laws, the policy of this company prohibits discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran s status, disability, genetic information or any other group protected by law.
Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other group protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access WoodMac.com/careers online as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations sending an email
Wood Mackenzie is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D, and a member of E-Verify.
Apply for Managing Editor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly