- Full Time
World Science Foundation is an innovative, multi-media organization that produces original live and digital content straddling the arenas of science, art, media, performance, journalism and education.
The Editorial Producer will play a leading role in fulfilling the mission of the World Science Foundation to bring scientific discovery alive for the general public, through the creation of world-class programming, featuring inspired collaborations, outstanding talent and innovative production techniques.
The Editorial Producer will produce live, media-rich programs staged during the World Science Festival in New York, as well as any associated broadcast or digital productions that derive from the stage productions. The Editorial Producer will oversee all aspects of production from conception to execution, including: reporting and research; conceiving and drafting an editorial story-line; casting and booking participants; briefing and preparing moderators; managing associate producers and production assistants; commissioning and/or executing supporting media such as films, animations, graphics, or demonstrations to enhance and enliven the program.
The Editorial Producer, a NY-based position, reports to the Editorial Director and, as a key member of the content team, works closely with the Media Director, General Manager of Live Events, and the Marketing and PR Departments.
- Conceive, develop, and execute live, media-rich, innovative, and engaging programs that meet the high editorial and production standards of the World Science Festival.
- Report and pitch stories with clarity, integrity and editorial sophistication that will engage a science-curious public – drawing from Physics, Cosmology, Genetics, Neuroscience, Artificial Intelligence, and all areas of scientific endeavor.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with potential participants, including scientists (from Nobel Laureates to rising stars), as well as leaders in government, business, music, and the arts.
- Identify, book, and brief moderators who will guide the program(s).
- Provide editorial leadership and guidance to associate producers, production assistants and interns.
- Working closely with the Media Director, conceive and oversee production of associated media to enhance and enliven the program, including but not limited to films, animations, performances, or live demonstrations.
- Work with the PR and Marketing departments to build audience and drive press coverage of the programs leading into the Festival.
- Ensure that diverse voices, ideas and perspectives are reflected in the programming subject matter, as well as participants and moderators.
- Bring creativity, energy, and innovation in storytelling and production.
- Have at least five (5) years’ editorial experience in non-fiction, informational programming at a major media or journalistic organization.
- Demonstrate through produced work strong reporting, interviewing and storytelling skills. A background in science or science journalism is strongly preferred.
- Be a self-starter with strong organizational skills who is detail oriented, able to effectively juggle simultaneous projects, and unflappable under deadline pressure.
- Follow scientific developments in both mainstream and scientific publications.
- Enjoy a creative, fast-paced, intellectually rich environment.
For consideration please submit:
- Cover letter
- Salary Requirements
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation. The World Science Festival Foundation is an equal employment opportunity employer.
No phone calls please.