- Full Time
Entry-level digital journalists for busy financial newswire
Proactive Investors is a global financial media portal that’s expanding its busy digital news desk in Manhattan. We're looking for writers who are excited about joining a team that's redefining how small-cap stocks and markets are covered. This is an opportunity to make your mark with a fast-growing company.
For more than a decade we’ve been providing up-to-the-minute global coverage of breaking business news on thousands of listed and pre-IPO companies from our headquarters in London and our bureaus in the US, Canada and Australia, all of which are outfitted with state-of-art video studios.
From our newly opened digital newsroom in Midtown Manhattan, we cover US markets, public and private companies and world events. Our multimedia platform is complemented by high-quality investor events, smart investor relations delivery, and highly respected research. We offer a suite of news, multimedia, and investment research tools that enable companies and investors to connect intelligently.
We also deliver targeted content to many of the world’s largest news amalgamators, financial websites, and news-tracking services. And we provide commentary to dozens of leading investor-focused websites, breaking down our offerings into focused industry sectors, themes and topics.
Who we’re looking for
This is a great opportunity for a fast learner with a team-first attitude. Financial news experience is preferred but not required -- we'll show you the ropes. This is a great opportunity to break into the exciting and demanding world of business journalism.
The ideal candidate demonstrates curiosity about how and why company news moves markets and generates value for investors.
You're good at turning a phrase, have an eye for detail, and should be able to quickly deliver high-quality copy under demanding deadlines in a fast-paced digital newsroom.
· Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related discipline.
· One to three years of reporting experience at a newspaper, wire service or online portal (no bloggers please).
· A willingness to learn and develop new skills.
· An ability to leverage coverage using social media.
What we offer
· Competitive salary and attractive benefits package.
· Opportunities for career enhancement. We are in a growth phase currently and can offer opportunities for professional development.
· Possibility to work abroad. We have offices around the world and we’re keen for employees to take advantage of our global reach.