- Full Time
Seeking an editor for a New York-based news website that comprehensively and rigorously covers the luxury goods and fashion industries in China.
Founded in 2009, JingDaily publishes breaking news, trend stories, analysis and executive interviews on the global luxury markets. The job is based in New York and the editor should be sourced and known within the luxury industries. Familiarity with the China region is a significant plus.
Applicant will be expected to:
* Develop thorough and professional coverage of companies in the very highest end of the international luxury market.
* Communicate with and coordinate writers on an international team; edit and post stories; generate and oversee a well-planned edit calendar.
* Partner with business development on events, initiatives and sponsored content.
* Continue and build upon a recent pattern of exponential growth in traffic, visibility and links from other websites.
* Contribute to company’s line of newsletters.
* Play a role in company’s growth strategy.
Applicant should have:
* 5+ years management and editorial experience.
* Rigorous standards and exceptional copy-editing skills.
* Contacts within the luxury field.
* Familiarity with business initiatives and sponsored content.
* Experience dealing with freelance writers and a roster of them to call upon.
* Evidence of the impact of, and increased traffic for, their previous editorial ventures.
* A love of journalism and a collegial attitude.
Please add a brief cover letter to your resume.