Government Affairs Intern
- Full Time
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
Our business-specific, internship program encourages students to put their knowledge into practice while they develop additional skills through experiential learning, team building events and structured feedback sessions. Our goal is to provide today’s talent with the training, exposure and motivation needed to grow into the leaders of tomorrow.
Interns in this role provide support to the Government Affairs staff, including administrative and project-based work supporting government affairs, franchising, public affairs and other “field” responsibilities across all Altice service areas. A successful candidate should have an interest in the intersection of government and business, particularly innovation and technology.
Key projects will include:
Government Affairs: Support development and maintenance of relationships with local, state and federal elected officials throughout the Altice USA service area, researching issues and preparing briefing documents on key issues that relate to company interests as needed and participating in meetings.
Legislative & Regulatory Affairs: Research and analyze legislation and regulatory proceedings, identifying intersections with government that impact for the company’s operations and protect the company’s interests in all state and local jurisdictions where Altice USA operates.
Compliance: Support compliance with company commitments including renewal and maintenance of franchises with local communities and other regulatory requirements, as well as securing necessary government approvals.
Business Support: Intersect with the business, reviewing key initiatives and data, identifying intersection with government regulations and advising business as needed to comply and/or make aware of opportunities to support objectives.
Public Affairs: Support utilization of public affairs initiatives that advance the company’s image and relationships in the community, including community initiatives as well as political contribution plans.
- Completing a bachelor’s or master’s degree between December 2019 and June 2020 with preferred concentrations in Government, Political Science, Business, or other related field
- Experience with federal, state or local elected official’s office or with a campaign a plus
- Interest in intersection of government and business
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, analyze and distill complex regulatory and legislative information in a relevant way to an intended, non-government stakeholder
- Project management skills
- Ability to prioritize and act quickly with demonstrable judgement
- Well-organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and nimble to change direction
- Quick study on new areas
- Positive, solution-driven demeanor
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.