WTVJ/WSCV Weekend Executive Producer
Location: Miramar, Florida
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Will develop performance management standards for producers and associate producers for assigned newscasts.Responsible for quality control, which includes writing, story selection, production value, digital strategy and editorial quality of newscasts. Responsible for all script approval.Supervise on-air product, graphic look and continuity.Communicate with news management and assignment desk personnel to shape newscasts and determine the composition and flow of all assigned platforms.
As an Executive Producer, you will be responsible for the overall content, managing breaking news and operation functions of assigned newscasts.
• 3 years prior management experience in news broadcasting.
• Experience leading a successful team a plus.
• Must be bilingual in English/Spanish.
• Must work weekends.
• Willingness to work overtime on short notice and during breaking news
• Must be willing to work at the station in Miramar location
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Degree in Journalism or Communications or equivalent preferred
• Proven strong journalistic leadership, with the ability to assign, direct and supervise broadcast news coverage
• Must have a passion for great visual storytelling.
• Strong journalistic, leadership, personnel management and communication skills. Ability to make priority decisions under extreme deadlines.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.