Data Reporter, Inc. Magazine
- Full Time
Inc., the magazine for America's fastest-growing private companies, is looking for a data reporter to join its team in New York. We're looking for a thoughtful, opinionated, and articulate team player who can help grow our data visualization offerings across platforms, bringing additional expertise, ideas, and solutions with creative storytelling approaches with and around data.
At Inc., you'll be covering companies and the changing culture of business that surrounds some of the most iconic success stories of today: iPhone accessory company Pop-Sockets landed on our Inc. 5000 list last year with a 3-year revenue growth rate of 71,424%. The 2018 Company of the Year, Bird, is pushing limits on urban mobility needs while working through municipal regulations in cities big and small. Heard of the small farm in New Jersey that's making a Taylor Ham (a Garden State delicacy) ice cream? We cover them, too.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Pitching and writing data-driven stories
- Gathering and analyzing data and trends to help readers understand what it all means for them.
- Collaborating with the Inc. data-science team, editors, designers and developers to grow our data visualization across platforms
- Conceptualizing visual ways of telling and adapting stories
- Helping produce compelling visualizations, both interactive and static
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelors Degree or higher preferred
- Experience as a reporter
- Experience in Business Journalism
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive approach to work and managing multiple competing priorities effectively
- Interest in entrepreneurs a plus
- Interest in visual media
- Passion for telling stories with and about data
- News judgment
- Ability to analyze and build graphics using tools such as Flourish, DataWrapper, D3, Python, SQL, etc or a willingness to learn
Please provide a resume, cover letter and link to online portfolio or projects to Nirvani Sabess, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mansueto Ventures is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.