Media Relations Specialist
- Full Time
Who We Are
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global market leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. We are on a mission to redefine how organizations connect with their audiences - and that’s just the beginning!
Organizations, big and small, depend on us to accurately publicize market-moving news and multimedia, host online newsrooms and investor relations websites, and generate social engagements that continuously develop interactions with their target audience.
About The Team
The Media Relations Team is responsible for Business Wire's global distribution network. Their main focus is to expand this network to ensure that Business Wire's clients see their news reaching the right audiences. They have the unique ability to build fruitful and long lasting relationships with media partners, influencers, and individual journalists through networking, social outreach, and event participation. They deliver strategic media pitches with the goal of licensing Business Wire's content across all borders.
About The Role
Reporting to the Media Relations Manager, the Media Relations Specialist is responsible for building and maintaining Business Wire's media/influencer network. This role will include delivering strategic media/licensing pitches, plan and attend events, and conduct continuous outreach to support Business Wire growth and success.
What You’ll Do
- Meet monthly goals by securing new trade websites and media outlets for licensing and usage of Business Wire content
- Grow and maintain relationships with members of the media by developing and delivering strategic and effective media pitches
- Maintain current and accurate media contact information in Business Wire’s internal media database
- Conduct regular analysis of distribution offerings against industry peers and identify opportunities to secure competitive advantages
- Utilize approved social media channels to network with journalists, bloggers, and influencers to increase awareness and usage of Business Wire’s innovative products and services
- Plan and execute media seminars/events in coordination with Business Wire sales staff
- Participate in professional Journalism, PR and IR organizations and network at local events for the promotion of Business Wire and its services, sometimes outside of normal business hours
What You’ll Need
- At least 1-2 years of Media Relations experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or international equivalent strongly preferred
- Expertise and experience in creating and securing licensing
- Established contacts with local, regional, national and trade media, and/or with bloggers and influencers
- Experience in corporate social responsibility
- Previous Media Sales and Marketing experience is a Plus!
- Comfortable with public speaking and making presentations to a variety of audiences
- Experience with content delivery systems (RSS and FTP), metrics, and measurement reporting
- Ability to facilitate multiple projects simultaneously and complete work on deadline
- Willingness to travel
- Proficient in basic software programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce) and database management
- Ability to track local media relationships on a daily basis
- Experience in content delivery
- Possesses the professional, interpersonal, and cultural skills to establish early and lasting trust, credibility, and rapport at all levels of the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Business Wire is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Business Wire will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.