Manager, Industry Communications
- Full Time
Manager, Industry Communications
This position will serve as support for the Director, Industry Communications for crafting and/or proofing U.S. Travel Association industry-facing communications, including but not limited to executive presentations and emails, fact sheets, research reports and marketing collateral in addition to supporting U.S. Travel signature event and board meeting execution.
The ideal candidate will be a very strong writer and natural collaborator who enjoys proofreading, writing and adhering written products to AP Style. The position is part of the Public Affairs department but supports marketing and communications across the association.
- Serve as U.S. Travel's go-to for copyediting and proofing member-facing and events materials, including but not limited to executive notes, promotional emails, events collateral and research reports.
- Draft materials for use with U.S. Travel membership that communicates the association's advocacy goals, including but not limited to emails and reference materials, such as toolkit resources, talking points and fact sheets.
- Develop and manage messaging, scripts and presentations for executive-level speech materials, included but not limited to talking points and accompanying visual materials.
- Coordinate with marketing team to develop and manage a master deck of talking points and visuals to be used for executive-level presentations, maintaining accuracy and consistency in message and data.
- Support industry communications and marketing teams in streamlining processes across office with regard to speaking engagement management and member communications workflow.
- Help manage on-message scripts and run of shows for U.S. Travel signature events, including but not limited to: Destination Capitol Hill, IPW, U.S. Travel Board of Directors meetings, ESTO, Communications Advisory Committee, and Destination CEO Roundtable.
- Provide on-site support at above events as needed, ensuring most up-to-date scripts and run of show logistics are captured and executed seamlessly.
- Closely monitor email analytics for marketing and industry communications to identify ways to optimize messaging.
- Support the manager, digital communications, with updating ustravel.org—working with internal stakeholders to ensure content is timely and accurate.
- Liaise across departments, including but not limited to broader public affairs team, meetings and events, membership and marketing to ensure cross-office collaboration and consistency with all communications materials.
- Expert project management and attention to detail.
- Mastery of AP Style.
- Understanding of presentation writing and event execution.
- Ability to learn new topics quickly and transform complex information into easily understandable terms.
- A penchant for proof reading.
- Agility to work within tight deadlines, adjust quickly to changes in priorities, and balance short-term deliverables with long-term strategic initiatives.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to craft messages that resonate with a diverse audience.
- Enthusiasm, good humor, a drive to succeed; problem-solver, creative thinker, team player.
- Political or public affairs experience/Capitol Hill savvy is preferred for translating policy matters into relatable communications materials.
- Delivers what is promised with accuracy and efficiency in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Ability to embrace a high-performance/high-productivity environment.
- Holds all projects to high quality standard.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work against tight deadlines.
- Highly communicative; must possess a positive and proactive attitude with ability to take constructive feedback and input from multiple stakeholders.
- Self-initiated with a strong work ethic.
- Shows intellectual curiosity in every task they are asked to perform.
- Bachelor's degree plus three years' experience in the fields of communications and/or public relations. Knowledge and experience within the travel industry a plus.
- Mastery of AP Stylebook; Proficient in HTML; Mastery of Microsoft Office products, especially Word and PowerPoint; Intermediate proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite; Familiarity with Google Drive, Dropbox and Slack.
To apply please submit your cover letter, resume and reference list with "Manager, Industry Communications" listed in the subject line.