Manager, PR Talent Relations - CNBC
Location: Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Function: Operations & Strategy
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The Manager of PR Talent Relations will act as a liaison between CNBC and primetime talent and their reps, publicists, etc.Report into and work closely with VP of Primetime Public Relations, to help manage all aspects of talent requests.Act as network liaison to secure talent participation in events or shoots, submit requests, create and provide talent with detailed itineraries, meeting talent upon arrival, being the main point of contact for the talent leading up to or during these events, and managing their participation.Talent relations function includes managing the process of talent participation for all the promotional arms of the company and ensuring the talent maintain a positive image and good working relationships with the company.Develop and maintain strong professional relationships with network talent and their publicists, managers, and agents, etc. Implement process and procedures to engage, track and manage talent requests including photo approvals, travel requirements, etc.Coordinate talent appearances by booking hair/makeup and all travel including cars, flights, hotels, etc.Works closely with Publicity, Marketing, Programming, Digital, Social, Legal, Sales, and other departments to manage all talent requests and ensure talent participation in photo shoots, promos, companywide initiatives, etc.Resolves issues pertaining to talent for all appearances, special events, shoots, etc.Assist with special events including TCA, Upfront, launch parties, etc.
• Minimum of 5 years of professional PR experience in a leadership role with a media and entertainment company.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience working with talent. Has worked directly and successfully with talent and has connections with talent representatives
• Experience in talent relations and entertainment in an agency, studio, network, production, or journalism setting
• The ideal candidate exhibits consistent sound judgement and maturity in business communications and decision making.
• Polished, personable, high energy, and eager to learn
• Motivated with strong relationship-building capabilities
• Must possess strong work ethic and be dependable
• Must have high level of organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Willingness to travel and work long hours and on weekends on short notice.
• Able to interact with senior executives and talent with a high level of customer service and professionalism
• Great at writing, speaking clearly and can organize, summarize, clarify, and communicate detailed ideas simply, succinctly, and accurately
• Able to multi-task and work efficiently, independently, and with speed
• Can handle a vast amount of work in a fast-paced environment
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, and CNBC World, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to 410 million homes worldwide, including more than 90 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC Digital delivers more than 55 million U.S. multi-platform unique visitors each month. CNBC.com provides real-time financial market news and information to CNBC’s investor audience. CNBC Make It is a digital destination focused on making you smarter about how you earn, save and spend your money by zeroing in on careers, leadership, entrepreneurship and personal finance.
CNBC has a vast portfolio of digital products, offering CNBC content to a variety of platforms such as: CNBC.com; CNBC PRO, a premium service that provides in-depth access to Wall Street; a suite of CNBC mobile apps for iOS and Android devices; Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice interfaces; and streaming services including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Samsung Smart TVs.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.