Digital Marketing Editor
- Full Time
Hospitality Design magazine, the premier trade magazine for the hospitality design industry, is seeking a digital marketing editor to join its growing team.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Work between marketing and editorial on digital partnerships
- Lead execution for digital marketing, sponsorship and engagement, including content marketing, digital advertising, webinars, organic search, paid search, social media and website
- Execute tactics for building traffic and growing supporter base through online media and SEO
- Leading digital support efforts for Hospitality Design brand (including publications and tradeshows) and encourage strong collaboration and teamwork to execute cross-departmental initiatives.
- Demonstrate creative, out-of-the-box thinking and resourcefulness in leading team to meet ambitious growth goals
- Working with the editorial team, help grow editorial presence and streamline website strategy for hospitalitydesign.com
- Oversee awards and event websites related to sponsors and content
- With the editor in chief, help to identify new revenue strategies
- Expand Facebook and Instagram Live platforms
- Attend and cover industry trade shows and conferences.
- Represent the magazine at various industry events and functions.
As a qualified candidate you will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, or related field. Graduates of design-related degrees with strong writing, editing, or digital skills will also be considered.
- 6-8 years experience in publishing or digital
- Strong writing and copyediting skills
- Strong knowledge of social media and digital platforms
- Proficiency in Photoshop or related image-editing program for basic photo resizing
- Proficiency in InDesign and/or InCopy
- Knowledge or strong interest in interior design and architecture
- Strong communication, writing, editing, and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Word and Excel, and rich text word processing programs (Text Edit, Notepad, etc.).
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL ALSO HAVE:
- Experience desired working cooperatively and diplomatically with staff and freelance authors. Must have the ability to do the same with designers, some of whom may be prominent figures in their field, and their representatives.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, tact, sensitivity, and mature judgment are required.
- Must be self-motivated and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be extraordinarily organized and driven, able to work successfully both individually and as part of a team.
- The ability to work with multiple articles and projects simultaneously, and work independently while managing multiple and sequential deadlines is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the aptitude to build and maintain productive relationships are essential.