Associate Director, Integrated Marketing
- Full Time
Associate Director, Integrated Marketing
The Fuqua School of Business
Duke’s Fuqua School of Business has become one of the world’s leading business schools in a relatively short period of time. We have a responsibility to generate leaders who value diversity, inspire excellence from others to achieve goals, and are committed to winning the right way. This philosophy informs everything within our institution.
Reporting to the Associate Dean for Global Marketing, the Associate Director works with a team of professionals to develop Marketing campaigns, assets and tactics. This position works in a variety of media on activities in service of a variety of goals within the school’s portfolio of programs. A member of the campaigns team, this role develops content and copy for ads and landing pages, and helps optimize campaigns in various platforms. The role closely collaborates with the Director of Public Relations in strategic shared and owned media to help bridge the fuzzy area between paid and organic, and develops content for strategic marketing uses. Serving as a member of school’s social media team, the Associate Director manages paid activities across the school’s shared platforms and collaborates with the Community Manager on the development of organic content for these channels. Acting as a ‘brand journalist’, the position also creates owned media in the form of features and blog posts in the school’s digital platforms, and identifies opportunities to leverage those assets in campaigns to various audiences.
The Associate Director liaises with teammates in public relations, social media, digital strategy, brand strategy, and market intelligence on a wide range of tactics promoting a significant program portfolio, and thus must be able to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced and creative environment.
- Serve as lead writer for content for marketing campaigns: email content, ad copy and landing pages
- Manage paid activities within social media platforms, working closely with the school’s Community Manager on balancing promotional and organic campaigns
- Consume marketing analytics to adjust message strategies and identify opportunities for new content creation across owned media platforms based on insights from internal and external search metrics
- Manage editorial calendar and produce staff blog posts for owned and paid media in concert with the school’s Director of PR
- Lead ad-hoc projects from concept through execution
- Develop features for the school’s home page
- Manage and update school profiles across a range of external media outlets
- BA/BS degree; a minimum of five years’ experience working in a marketing services agency or equivalent client-side experience - or graduate work in advertising, marketing, or media - preferred.
- Digital native
- Strong content development skills in a variety of media
- Demonstrated ability to manage processes and collaborate with project teams
- Experience in development of successful campaigns
- Track record translating brand positioning into compelling copy
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities, define objectives, implement plans and assess successful execution or course correct as necessary
- Fluent in marketing analytics and experienced in analyzing data to make content recommendations
- Familiarity with audience behavior in a variety of platforms and channels (web, electronic direct mail, social media - especially Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Familiarity with SEO and SEM
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to work independently and as a member of a team, mature judgment, diplomacy in managing project and constituent stakeholders, willingness to learn and innovate
- Flexibility in dealing within a dynamic environment; able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Note: The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
To apply, qualified candidates should send a cover letter, resume and salary history to Associate Director, Integrated Management position via email to via the link provided.
Duke University prohibits discrimination and harassment, and provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, or genetic information. Duke is committed to recruiting, hiring, and promoting qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans.