Communications and Marketing Associate
- Full Time
CECP is a CEO led coalition that believes that a company’s social strategy — how it engages with key stakeholders including employees, communities, investors, and customers —determines company success. Founded in 1999 by actor and philanthropist Paul Newman and other business leaders to create a better world through business, CECP has grown to a movement of more than 200 of the world’s largest companies that represent $6.6 trillion in revenues, $21.2 billion in social investment, 14 million employees, 23 million hours of employee engagement, and $15 trillion in assets under management. CECP helps companies transform their social strategy by providing customized connections and networking, counsel and support, benchmarking and trends, and awareness building and recognition.
CECP is seeking a creative and driven Communications and Marketing Associate to be a part of a dynamic team strategizing and implementing breakthrough communications. Reporting to CECP’s Senior Director of Communications and Marketing, the position will oversee a wide variety of projects including coordinating the design of publications; managing the website and company communications outreach; and serving as an events manager. Be on the front lines of the organization’s interaction with senior contacts at leading companies who are infusing a higher purpose throughout their business strategy.
- Bring your vision to CECP’s communications: develop content for website, e-newsletters, event summaries, emails, and other materials; deploy content through various communications platforms to target audiences.
- For graphic design and printing projects, draft project plans, timelines, and creative briefs; and manage to completion.
- Coordinate event design, materials, site logistics, registration process, outreach emails, budgets, vendor relationships, volunteers, staffing, and other details.
- Track and analyze analytics for each campaign, and utilize and share data across teams in an engaging way to inform progress towards goals;
- Keep master calendar to ensure flow and rhythm of activities throughout the year.
At least 3-5 years of on-the-job success with communications project management or event (30+ people) planning. Bachelor’s degree is required. This is not an entry level position.
- Background in events, media, communications, design, public relations, and/or marketing.
- Strong organizational, time management, and project planning skills.
- Interest in purpose in the workplace; you want to express your passions through your job.
- Excellent research, writing, editing, and oral communication skills.
- Experience managing relationships with vendors, and with reviewing and negotiating contracts.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other basic programs; Salesforce a plus.
- Experience leveraging e-communications and social networking media for high levels of interaction. (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, MailChimp).
- Experience with web or graphic design and development, and website content management and search engine optimization a plus (e.g., WordPress, Google AdWords and Analytics, Photoshop, Cvent).
Compensation and benefits:
CECP offers a competitive salary and benefits package for the nonprofit sector that reflects the high expectations and level of responsibility of this role. CECP is a high performance, results-driven culture that offers work/life fit to its staff.
CECP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CECP cannot support candidates lacking the proper authorization to work in the United States.
Please email a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, in PDF format and addressed via the link provided. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.