Digital Sales Team Lead
- Full Time
As Team Lead for Small Business Solutions, you will launch a new department focused on selling digital small business marketing solutions for clients in Philadelphia and Boston. You will create a best-in-class sales strategy for small business clients, oversee execution and optimize our product offerings to serve clients’ needs. You will report to the Publisher located in Boston and your position can be based in Boston or Philadelphia. Your responsibilities include:
- Business manager- Develop sales tactics and strategies for revenue growth and client satisfaction. Lead the go-to market strategy for new small business-targeted digital products. Create resources including scripts and sales tools. Work collaboratively with internal teams to launch and fulfill business requirements. Provide recommendations for retention and growth to Marketing, Digital production and other internal partners.
- Direct sales– Consult with local businesses to sell media solutions that meet their business needs. Contact with clients will be primarily cold outreach via phone, email and social media. There will also be inbound leads and sales lists.
- Team lead– Build and lead a local team of sales representatives across a spectrum of activities including generating new business and providing exceptional service to existing clients to upgrade existing programs. Provide ongoing training and development for sales reps. Manage and evaluate client interaction and opportunity pipeline in CRM
MetroCorp Media is the parent company of Philadelphia magazine, Boston magazine and other media brands. Our digital sites, phillymag.com and bostonmagazine.com, are some of the leading go-to sites for local quality of life content in Philadelphia and Boston. We are unparalleled in our ability to offer print, digital, social and events to consumers and advertisers. We serve a wide array of advertisers, from local boutiques to international brands.
- Medical, Dental and Life plans
- 401(k) plan
- Paid PTO days, Summer Fridays and 1-week Christmas holiday break
- Free access to some of the best events in Philly and Boston
- Lunches from the city’s top restaurants
- Fun and entrepreneurial work culture
Preferred Experience and Behaviors
- 5+ years of B2B sales experience through phone, email or social using a consultative selling approach
- 2+ years of management experience in sales or account development with a proven ability to hire and develop sales employees and foster a positive team culture.
- Demonstrated ability to develop sales strategies and tactics, operate with urgency and achieve objectives
- Proven prospecting and cold email/calling experience
- Well-developed contemporary productivity and technological skills (computer, Internet, Word, Excel, CRM, Mobile and Social)
- Intimate knowledge of the small business landscape. Experience in Philadelphia or Boston small business sales is a plus.
- Experience in digital advertising sales is a plus (internet directories, internet marketing, etc.)
- Organized, self-motivated and energetic. Experience as an entrepreneur or intrapreneur is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with emphasis on engagement and persuasion
How To Apply
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please email a cover letter and resume via the link provided. We value diversity and encourage diverse candidates to apply. Phones calls or walk-ins will NOT be accepted.