Director, Integrated & Sales Marketing, Boston magazine
- Full Time
Boston magazine is seeking a creative, detail oriented, collaborative and driven individual with excellent story-telling skills to lead their marketing team. The Director, Integrated & Sales Marketing will be responsible for developing custom proposals and the oversight of sales marketing tools for print, digital, experiential and social platforms.
- Lead proposal writer for all sales presentations and proposals
- Create bespoke client campaigns for print, digital, social and events platforms
- Run point on any custom program activations and hire and manage vendors such as freelance photographers/videographers and stylists to help execute
- Ideate, create and manage sales marketing tools including media kits, sell sheets, mailings, in-book promotional ads and eblasts
- Transform data and ideas into compelling stories that align with Boston magazine’s mission and brand essence
- Develop new sponsorship packages and sales products through collaboration with edit, audience development and AdOps
- Maintain a strong knowledge of Boston magazine products, programs, and initiatives and understand the power of the brand
- Consistently monitor the market for new ideas and trends
- Know the competitive set and what differentiates Boston magazine
- Continue to sharpen skills and build relationships by networking at appropriate industry events
Boston magazine, bostonmagazine.com and our other media brands are the go-to resources for local quality of life content and experiences in Boston. We are unparalleled in our ability to offer guidance to our affluent audience on where to live, go to school, find quality healthcare, shop, dine & enjoy the best of what the city has to offer. We serve a wide array of advertisers, from local boutiques to international brands.
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- 401(k) plan
- Paid PTO days, Summer Fridays and 1-week Christmas holiday break
- Free access to some of the best events in Boston
- In office lunches from the city’s top restaurants on occasion
- Fun and entrepreneurial work culture
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Minimum of 5 years in multi-channel / integrated campaign management, with exposure to and experience in digital and social media. Publishing or agency experience preferred.
- Experience upholding brand guidelines through visual and written content
- Experience building and writing client pitches required
- Experience managing sales materials a plus
- Strong command of PowerPoint and the Microsoft product suite. CRM and/or Hubspot knowledge a plus.
- Strong business acumen with P&L understanding
- Ability to exercise strong attention to detail, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Consistently produce insightful, high-quality work against tight deadlines
- Excellent writing, story-telling, creative thinking and editing skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to set priorities, manage expectations, and successfully multitask
- Creativity and high levels of initiative, energy and enthusiasm
- Bachelor’s degree required
Reports to: Publisher
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Boston Magazine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.