Email Marketing Associate
- Full Time
SourceMedia’s mission is to advance professional communities across a variety of today’s most transformational industries, including Financial Services, Technology and Health Care. We do this by uncovering powerful ideas, rallying industry leaders around them, and benchmarking their progress. Our services include the distribution of inspirational content across digital channels, as well as making meaningful connections through our live events and peer networks.
Our company is entering an exciting new chapter that includes a major brand refresh, the launch of some key products and services as well as some exciting new team members. We are looking for creative thinkers with the skills to bring our vision to life across a variety of critical roles. If you are interested in bringing 150 years of experience and reputation together with a start-up mentality, then we invite you to get to know us.
SourceMedia is seeking an Email Marketing Associate to work with our Audience Development team to ensure projects get done efficiently and effectively. Our Email Marketing Associate will collaborate with key players in several departments throughout the company to make sure that each project gets the personalized and detailed attention it needs to be successful. The Email Marketing Associate will focus on optimizing content, design and monetization pertaining to all email marketing initiatives. A primary responsibility for this role will be to oversee all logistical and operational aspects of new and existing email programs. The successful candidate for this role will also be responsible for handling correspondence with internal clients, creating and distributing various marketing reports, as well as organizing workflows and collecting the various assets needed for a variety of deliverables. The number one measure of success for this role is in the quality of communication with other departments within the company to keep marketing campaigns on track.
- Keep lists, segments, campaigns, and more organized in our preferred manner
- Troubleshoot all email-related issues that arise
- Meet regularly with key stakeholders throughout the company to both understand needs and identify opportunities
- Initiate ideas to optimize performance and manage their implementation
- Identify, assemble, and coordinate requirements; establish contacts; develop test plans/strategies, schedules and assignments related to the implementation of marketing campaigns and tests
- Provide reporting on campaign performance by request from internal clients, as well as the Audience Development Team, often working closely with the group's data scientists
- Manage content and promotional calendar for email marketing initiatives
- Internet research and subsequent analysis/reporting on market trends and other considerations
- Support sales initiatives, as required, collecting assets and creating target segments for email marketing projects
- Tracks product line (email campaign) performance, by brand, analyzing usability and revenue
- Prepares email marketing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing several data points, as well as maintain a research database.
- Coordinate with internal and external partners to collect and organize project assets
- Setup and deploy email marketing messages
- Monitors budgets by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading trade publications
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, including VBA, Pivot Tables, Regression Analysis and graphing
- Working knowledge of HTML (do not need to be a coder) and SQL
- Strong interpersonal skills, great communicator
- Creative and passionate self-starter who instinctively takes ownership of projects and is eager to learn
- 2 or more years hands-on experience managing email campaigns and delivery
- Working knowledge of enterprise level email deployment systems
- Understanding, preferably based on experience, of the distinctive requirements of newsletters delivering editorial and marketing content
- Knowledge of web analytics tools such as Google Analytics
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task to perform in a fast-paced, dynamic work atmosphere. Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with G-Suite and Microsoft Office along with some HTML experience
- Associate or Bachelor degree in business, technology, marketing, or other related field
- Direct Marketing, Market Segmentation, Marketing Research, Coordination, Project Management, Reporting Research Results, Understanding the Customer, Process Improvement, Initiative, Planning, Financial Skills.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Our extensive offerings include medical, dental, and vision coverage; disability and life insurance; paid time off; a 401(k) plan; a pre-tax transportation payment program; and subsidized health club membership.
For consideration, please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.
SourceMedia provides market information, including news, analysis, and insight to the financial services and related industries such as accounting and technology, through its publications, industry-standard data applications, seminars and conferences.
We invite you to visit our website for additional information: www.sourcemedia.com
SourceMedia complies with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit discrimination because of age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest records, unemployment status or any other protected category.