Director Marketing & Brand Insights
- Full Time
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
A leadership position within the Altice USA Market Insights Team focused primarily on custom research methodology and analytics related to Brand Health and cross-platform Advertising Effectiveness. Responsibilities include quantitative and qualitative research design and management, partnering and acting as liaison between research vendors, Altice Marketing, Altice Media Planning and Analytics and Altice partner agencies to accomplish multi-platform measurement and research objectives.
Requires advanced skills and experience with primary consumer survey research, viewership data and digital media measurement and analytics. Must have proven ability to integrate data sources across channels to provide actionable insights that drive brand and advertising strategies. Will be responsible for multi-faceted Brand Health and Advertising Tracking Study as well as additional custom research initiatives including qualitative and quantitative messaging/positioning research and branding research. Must be well-versed in all consumer research methods including qualitative research management (e.g., focus groups, interviews, ethnography) and quantitative methods (e.g., conjoint/discrete choice, Max Diff, TURF, segmentation, ad copy testing). Must be comfortable working with and presenting to all levels of management. Research accountability includes objective definition, design/ methodology, vendor evaluation and input into selection, day to day vendor management, adherence to timelines, report preparation and presentation.
A secondary role in the position supports syndicated/competitive intelligence research evaluation, acquisition and vendor management. Ultimately, the Director of Market Insights will have a full marketplace perspective of Altice USA brands and the competitive market.
- Ability to demonstrate autonomous management of all research activities – from the translation of business objectives into research objectives through development and communication of final presentation of results
- Strong communications skills; ability to communicate complex research processes and findings in a succinct, understandable, and compelling manner
- Ability to direct multiple projects in an uncertain and often changing environment; deadline and end-product driven
- Possess a high level of energy and commitment with a demonstrated ability to be flexible in the face of changing priorities
- High level of responsiveness in servicing the research needs of various constituencies around the company.
- Demonstrated ability to dissect and analyze complex business problems, probe facts, and identify and prove/disprove hypotheses
- Experience in using statistical and research methodologies (e.g., significance testing, sample design, research design, driver analysis)
- Experience in developing survey instruments, discussion guides, sampling plans, weighting schemes, and analytic plans
- Approximately 15 years experience in primary research, preferably at least 5 years on the client side with experience in translating complex business issues into actionable research results. Prior experience in advertising and media related research, either client side, agency or research vendor side required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects autonomously, problem solve, display high levels of attention to detail.
- Demonstrated record of designing, implementing, and delivering actionable consumer research
- Solid communication and presentation skills with the ability to present to senior level managers across different organizational areas
Masters Level or above preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace