National Sales Manager
- Full Time
WDSU, the Hearst Television NBC affiliate in New Orleans, is seeking a National Sales Manager. This is an important leadership role that encompasses national revenue management for our top-rated TV station, digital platforms, and multicast platform. The ideal candidate will have a keen attention to detail and be organized. Client engagement is a top priority. Must be able build direct and agency level client relationships, excel in broadcast sales negotiation, and can handle multiple challenges simultaneously. Also, candidates must be able to take initiative and make decisions without daily guidance. We will provide “best in class” multi-platform products, a tremendous challenging work environment, a talented team, and excellent compensation.
- Set the overall tone for the national sales department by providing exemplary leadership in accordance with mutually agreed upon sales goals and priorities.
- Lead our national rep firm sales team with clear direction on our expectations and strategies.
- Develop and execute strategies to achieve national sales goals across multiple media platforms.
- Have a working knowledge of political guidelines and can manage a large volume of political advertising encompassing Federal and Local Candidates and issue advertising.
- Work alongside our Local Sales Manager to foster a positive sales environment.
- Work closely with the national rep firm on forecasting, negotiations and planning also coach and inspire our team of national reps to grow share.
- Negotiate all national business and political.
- Work with the national sales assistant on preempts and orders.
- Accurately forecast national broadcast revenue.
- Assist the local sales manager in helping to grow local TV and Digital revenue share.
- Achieve or exceed the national revenue budget.
- Ability to work with the GSM on inventory management and pricing.
- Is highly computer literate in all Microsoft Office products and ideally has experience with Wide Orbit, Wide Orbit Media Sales and Matrix, or other CRM software.
- Understands how to communicate effectively and build strong internal and external relationships.
- Possesses an acute understanding of how to forecast future revenue.
- Has the creativity to develop targeted, customer focused marketing solutions using multiple media products including but not limited to television, web, mobile, and multi-cast.
- Takes full ownership of national budgets and revenue goals and constantly develop strategies to overachieve.
- Takes pride in being extremely well-organized and always prepared.
- The ability to analyze issues thoroughly to make sound business decisions and solve problems effectively.
- Ability to communicate effective and persuasive sales presentations.
- Has an excellent understanding of how to price effectively and manage inventory.
- 4- year college degree preferred.
- Top local seller looking for career advancement, current NSM, DSM, or LSM.
- Prefer 4 years’ experience in the broadcast industry.