Freelance Photographer - NBC Sports Washington
Location: Bethesda, Maryland
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Familiarity with Sony F800 or Similar Model ENG Camera, DSL, OSMO, Ronin
PLEASE NOTE: This is a project / limited term position, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed. The hours of this role will be varied depending on the department's needs.
ResponsibilitiesShoot and Edit Sports Packages and Segment for Multi-Platform ContentSet Up and Lighting of Sit Down Interviews Tech Manage and Execute Multi-Camera Live RemotesUnderstanding of ST Single-Mode Fiber, Rattlers, and POTS Phone LinesBuilding Operations Experience including Patching Switch, VYVX Fiber, and Satellite TrucksExperience with Live-U or Similar Technologies Extensive Travel throughout North America including CanadaExperience of Booking Coverage Travel, Planning and Organizing Shoots
Ability to Work as a Photographer and Field Producer
Strong news judgment and copy editing ability
Knowledge of social media platforms including Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
Minimum availability of 10-15 hours per week, including weekends and nights
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Bethesda, MD and work non-traditional hours (weeknights and weekends)
• Thorough knowledge of local & national sports
• Strong organizational skills with ability to meet tight deadlines
• Ability to provide samples of recent work
• Candidate must be a quick learner, proactive problem solver, have a strong work ethic, positive attitude and desire to work in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
• Strong knowledge of unique social voice and the types of content consumed by social and app audiences in the target demographic
• Ability to follow direction and work creatively under minimal supervision
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.