Location: Miami, Florida
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Ensure timely delivery of shows/projects, ahead of air time and with the highest quality.Read, analyze and use the script as a guide to the overall editing pattern of the production.Cut the material according to the script and production needs.Provide editing advice and insight during the production, as needed by the Producer.Utilize various editing software (Avid, Premiere and after effects) to select, cut and arrange visual elements of an episode.Censored shows and projects according the S&P regulations and notes provided by the Director of S&P.Ensure quality control by reviewing the final material before delivering.Ensure all work is done under the technical guidelines and operations procedures of Telemundo.
We are looking for a self-motivated team player with creativity and independent judgment, that thrives in fast pace environment. The Editor is responsible for editing multiple types of projects with in the Telemundo including, creation of EPKs, short and long digital assets, scripted and reality shows.
• Minimum 5 years of experience as an Editor in the post-production
• Exhibits satisfactory knowledge of video systems and file formats in general
• Proficient with Avid, Adobe Cloud Suite and popular plug-ins
• Knowledgeable in the use of Windows and Macintosh operating systems and software
• Fluency in English/Spanish
• Willing to travel as needed, sometimes on short notice
• Willing to work with late and/or last minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment that may include early mornings, evenings, holidays and/or weekends
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
• Excellent communication, leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Self-motivated team player
• Creativity and independent judgment
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.