Account Executive, Media Sales
- Full Time
We’re looking for our first Account Executive to drive revenue and grow our advertiser base on Fresh EBT.
About Propel: Fresh EBT is a free mobile app that empowers SNAP recipients to more easily manage their benefits and discover new resources. Nearly 2 million low-income Americans use Fresh EBT each month, making Fresh EBT one of the most popular finance apps on the Play and App Stores. We work with advertisers not only to support our business, but also to help our users find new ways to save money and earn income.
We're a for-profit company backed by some of Silicon Valley’s top investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, Nyca, Kleiner Perkins, and the Omidyar Network. We’re looking for someone excited to leverage your business skills for social impact -- come join us!
About this role: You will be responsible for acquiring new advertisers via direct brand customers and through agency relationships. You’re excited about end-to-end sales: figuring out the sales strategy, identifying targets, and executing on sales activities from outreach to close. You have experience working with senior-level advertisers / corporate customers in a consultative fashion. As our first sales team member, you will have a unique opportunity to establish the landscape for all future sales relationships.
Initial responsibilities include:
- Achieve annual revenue targets through new advertising relationships
- Source new advertisers by diving into a given vertical and identifying top prospects
- Close new advertisers (develop tailored proposals/respond to RFPs, deliver executive-level presentations, negotiate and finalize contracts)
- Work closely with ad operations / other functions to execute on the campaign
- Act as expert on Fresh EBT’s users, capabilities, ad units, etc.
- Build and improve sales materials and case studies
- In the interim, conduct ongoing account management that builds relationships and drive retention (role to be opened)
- Serve as a “voice of the advertiser” to broader business and product teams
- 3-5 years sales experience in online advertising / media
- Deep understanding of online advertising tools and processes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with senior-level clients
- Excellent relationship-builder with customer service orientation
- Highly creative in identifying and reaching target customers
- Highly self-driven, autonomous, and excited about bringing in new customers
- Analytical and able to independently conduct sizing / pricing analyses; comfortable with Excel
- Interest in building a business with a strong social mission at the intersection of private and public sectors
- Willing to work in Brooklyn, New York and unrestricted work authorization in the US
Compensation is competitive and will include salary, commission/bonus, equity, 401k, and full health/vision/dental insurance. Our dog-friendly office is based in Fort Greene, Brooklyn.