- Full Time
For 250 years, the Encyclopædia Britannica name has been synonymous with reliable and trustworthy information for generations all over the world. Encyclopedia Britannica is one of the leading international publishers in the reference categories and Britannica Digital Learning has a strong position in the K-12 library/reference markets by providing reliable high-quality classroom products and solutions for educators.
Our mission is to inspire curiosity and the joy of learning. Whether you’re looking for relevant and trusted information immediately or someone who enjoys getting lost in learning and discovery or simply want to learn more about a specific topic, Encyclopædia Britannica can satisfy your curiosity.
Britannica is seeking a Marketing Designer who is highly motivated and a creative thinker. The right candidate must be a proactive problem-solver, possessing innovative design skills and a willingness to collaborate on group projects. The Marketing Designer plays a key role in the development of marketing materials including project and product branding, print and digital ads, emails, event signage and other collateral. This individual will work closely with the Director of Consumer Marketing and Director of Global Institutional Marketing to develop both high-impact creative materials for campaigns and a cohesive look and feel across all programs.
Candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio of print and digital designs. Candidates should provide a link to an online portfolio or send a PDF. Candidates who do not submit a portfolio will not be considered.
- Collaborate with the team to build high-impact campaigns that represents robust, content-making and relevant Britannica programs
- Innovate and provide new design concepts for product and project branding
- Design print and digital ads used for marketing campaigns
- Provide design for event branding; including signage, printed agenda and other materials
- Work closely with marketing team members to refine high-quality creative executions across platforms (social, mobile, video)
- Design sophisticated page layouts for advertorials, special sections, and other customized content solutions, including the creation of production-ready templates
- Email marketing design; responsive emails designed within our email marketing platform
- Sales and marketing support materials, including presentations, sales one-sheets, media kits, rate cards, etc.
- Ability to design strategically around our many different brands in a way that allows new campaigns to uplift our brand
- Collaborate on copy execution
- Serve as a creative expert on marketing and branding
- Communicate concepts, ideas and design rationale with project stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic/Web Design or related discipline from an accredited college or university, or equivalent training and/or experience
- 3-5 years professional experience in digital media, advertising or design
- Advanced proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite; expert-level skills in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Edge Animate
- Strong graphic design ability; typography, illustration, composition and color theory
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Digital video, animation, and motions graphics experience a plus
- Familiarity with usability and interaction design principles
- Thorough understanding of online advertising and website design
- Ability to conceptualize and execute digital campaigns and display advertising including animation and interactivity for desktop and mobile
- Command of industry best practices in information design and architecture, usability, accessibility, and scalable dynamic web user interfaces
- Must be a team player who thrives in a collaborative environment
- Must possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be comfortable following direction and implementing changes, while balancing strong design and tight deadlines
How To Apply:
- Please apply through Mediabistro. Your email must have a resume attached and provide a link to your portfolio to be considered (link may be within resume).
Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status or status as a protected veteran. This policy of non-discrimination and affirmative action applies to all levels of employment and to all employment practices.