Assistant Graphic Designer, Video (part time)
- Part Time
We are currently seeking a part time Assistant Graphics Designer to help enhance our graphic presentation across our properties. You have a passion for news and viral videos and can help our audience discover relevant savvy, and informative digital video content.
You will be responsible for designing thumbnails for the New York Post and Page Six home pages, YouTube and other social platforms. Need a creative eye and the knowledge of how to design for different platforms and usages.
You’ll work closely with our team of editors and scriptwriters to illustrate their stories and manage workflow. And you’ll be part of our team that brainstorms video ideas, and curates material.
Possible assist to creating infographics and photo illustrations for inclusion in video content. Occasional assist in logo and series branding.
Must enjoy working collaboratively and accurately in a fast paced breaking news environment.
This is an opportunity to join an iconic media brand as it continues to experience exponential digital growth. New York Post and Page Six videos received more than a billion views across platforms in the past two years.
This is a part time role: a three month 40-hour per week role in our New York office, with the potential to extend and/or convert to a staff role..
· 1-2 years’ experience publishing pictures in a digital newsroom.
· Ability to provide highly creative ideas.
· Understanding of web video standards.
· Strong skills in typography and color theory.
· An understanding of online usage rights for pictures, such as fair use.
· Experience working with photo wire services and agencies.
· Experience with an array of content management systems (WordPress a plus).
· Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Bridge, Illustrator, Premiere, etc.). Fluency in social media.
· Familiarity and use of mainstream video channels like YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter and more.
· HTML skills a plus.
· Attention to detail a must!
The New York Post is the nation’s oldest newspaper with the youngest, most ambitious video department. We want to make our mark in digital video and create memorable work and new watching habits among our audience. The legacy of the great headlines conveys the attributes of our videos: bold, irreverent, judgmental, confident and clever. We want to make videos that surprise viewers. We seek someone who believes news doesn’t have to be boring to be news and who appreciates serious and quirky stories. Let’s talk!
· Resume, previous work samples and cover letter
· Email materials to: email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer.