Audience Development Director - Well+Good
- Full Time
WELL+GOOD: Creating a culture and community of wellness.
Trusted, influential, and famously trend-setting, Well+Good defines and demystifies wellness for a growing global community. Well+Good creates a world where wellness is stylish, achievable, and fun—connecting readers with smart, simple ways to add wellness to their lives.
We are looking for an Audience Development Director to help optimize and grow Well+Good’s distribution channels, leverage innovative tactics at scale, and enable the editorial teams to create content with audience in mind in order to achieve aggressive traffic growth from our New York office.
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the ever-growing lifestyle categories.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Audience Development Director, Well+Good grows with us.
You’ll Report To: VP, Content and Audience Development
A typical day as an Audience Development Director, Well+Good might include:
- Execute research of high-impact SEO keywords related to the monthly editorial calendar and identify new growth opportunities to inform content strategy, in tandem with our search agency.
- Advise on keyword optimization within archive content to ensure all older, evergreen editorial services SEO needs.
- Execute competitive analysis and implement new strategies to maintain SEO authority (focus on mobile-first SERPs and AMP growth).
- Recommend and implement new tools to enable SEO best practice among the editorial teams.
- Work with the VP to implement an efficient SEO workflow within the editorial teams, and empower them to execute SEO best practices.
- Provide weekly reports to the VP on key metrics including search traffic growth, keyword ranking updates, and high-performing content from search.
- Create and execute iterative, innovation strategies for all social platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Reddit, etc.
- Manage Keywee spend/relationship, ensuring all spend has ROI positive results.
- Set and own social growth KPIs.
- Spearhead social reporting to editorial teams and wider business.
- Leverage data from our analytics platforms to define, analyze, and communicate key cross-platform user metrics and user behavioral trends, providing regular reporting and site performance data support along with proactive recommendations to the VP.
- Manage timely reporting pulls of varying size and complexity, including preparing regular (spot, daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly) written analysis and presenting findings and proactive recommendations to internal non-technical editorial stakeholders.
- Develop opportunities to better understand and segment our audiences through the acquisition of behavioral data. Examples include creating reasons for users to volunteer their personal data, such as via quizzes, competitions, events and user-generated campaigns.
- Main point of contact for W+G’s ESP.
- Grow database through innovative audience acquisition campaigns.
- Formulate and execute email-first content strategy, designed to keep database engaged.
- Using data, work with VP to identify key content opportunities for video across core platforms.
- Track and report back on the best strategic and tactical approach to video distribution to ensure maximum onsite video views.
- Leverage data to set evergreen content strategies across specific traffic sources (e.g., Search, Pinterest, Flipboard, Reddit, etc). Create trackers and processes to monitor and maximize traffic from evergreen content generation, optimization, and re-promotion.
- Have one eye on real-time traffic for each brand to help editors capitalize on spikes and content with good audience velocity.
- Collaborate with Editorial/Business Development team to prioritize, manage, and optimize traffic-building partnerships with other digital media organizations, including traffic swaps, backlinking, and content syndication.
- Ideate and test new out-of-the-box ideas for Audience Development.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
- Support VP by offering coaching sessions and workshops to inspire best practices and innovation.
- Train and manage the Audience Development team to maximize team performance.
You’ll be successful if you are passionate about wellness, audience development, love data and strategy, and believe no job is too small to further the brand.
What You Have:
- 5-8 years in the digital publishing industry, specifically leading a lifestyle site with 8MM or more monthly visitors.
- Experience running a multi-channel Audience Development team.
- Strong digital knowledge, connections/contacts, and passion for the industry.
- Experience creating and executing an audience development strategy.
- Ability to use Google Analytics, or similar data platforms, and extract actionable insights from data.
- Well-versed in SEO and Social tools.
- A passion for high-quality digital content.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Cool office environment and culture
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.