- Full Time
Military Times is produced by Sightline Media, the leading news media organization covering military, defense, public sector, federal technology, C4ISR and cyber defense. Sightline Media offers our business clientele a wide range of platforms to reach the market. From digital and mobile solutions to events, thought leadership, publications, video and custom options, Sightline works with clients on opportunities that have credibility, integrity, engagement and impact.
The Military Times is hiring for a senior editor to help lead the largest independently owned newsroom focused solely on the U.S. military -- its people, its culture, its institutions and its worldwide operations. You’ll manage a team of experienced reporters and oversee a steady stream of breaking news online as well as long-form cover stories for our bi-weekly magazines, which for years have been the top-selling publications at military installations around the world. You’ll be working with our video team, helping to grow our influential newsletters and supporting our social media channels that reach millions of service members and veterans.
We’re looking for someone with extensive journalism experience who can embrace our mission: providing an independent voice that impacts the people and policies inside the community of 1.3 million active-duty service members. Familiarity with the military or personal military experience is preferred but not required.
Specifically, the job will include:
- Leading editorial direction of Military Times brands, to include directly managing reporters, working with other editors and curating relevant content from across other Sightline brands like Defense News, Army Times, Navy Times, Marine Corps Times and Air Force Times.
- Overseeing bi-weekly development and production of Military Times print magazines.
- Collaborating closely with video team to produce regular video features, news summaries, podcasts, info graphics and other multimedia content.
- Serving as the public voice and face of Military Times, including attendance at news events, meetings with top military officials and military organizations, writing editorials and engaging with readers on social media.
- Driving Military Times online traffic through analytics, measuring productivity of content and authors and responding to audience interest, trends and opportunities
- Helping to execute the Military Times digital distribution strategies by curating and optimizing content for social media and individual distribution platforms.