- Full Time
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Champion the writing/producing of daily news topicals in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
· Write and Produce Investigative Special Report Promos and Proof of Brand(POBs) and Image promos
· Part of the creative team responsible for writing and producing PSA’s, station sponsored events, sales promotions, and syndicated promotions
· Will assist Client Services in the writing/producing of commercials, and other sales projects when necessary
· Produce compelling, targeted, and research driven promotion at all times.
· Embrace the use of process language, and sell brand distinction in Topicals, Special Report and Image Promotion
· Act as an integral part of a collaborative team, including the Creative Services Director, Brand Manager, Creative Services Executive Producer and Art Director, to develop and execute the overall graphic design of the News brand
· Must be able to have flexible hours to meet high volume demands in and out of sweep periods
· Must be willing to work extended hours when necessary to meet tight deadlines
· Required to maintain valid driver’s licenseQualifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Production, Marketing or Broadcast-related field preferred
· The successful candidate will have a minimum 2 years of experience working in Creative Services or the newsroom at a television station
· Must have hands-on experience with a local news product
· Must be a creative writer and video editor
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.