Master Control Operator
- Full Time
• Proper operation of all program channels and live stream, to ensure continued and seamless program delivery
• Observation of all video and audio quality
• Monitoring and operating transmitter remote control systems
• Satellite and distributor-based file recordings, and preparation for automation playback
• Consultation with all station departments and/or Operations management representatives when scheduled content is not available for broadcast, or when live events require a change in program schedule
• Clear and concise documentation of problems
• Recording and ingesting of commercials and programs
• Coordination with News and Production personnel during live shows
• Previewing playlists to ensure all assets are ready for broadcast as scheduled
• Managing on-air logs, automation playlists, and server-based computer systems
• Managing live stream for the Boston 25 app and website
• Submitting discrepancy reports regarding scheduling, Traffic, and on-air irregularities
Qualifications:• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university, in Communications/Broadcasting and/or Information Technology preferred
• Two years’ experience in a similar role in a television environment preferred
• General knowledge of FCC and EAS rules and regulations
• Experience with basic digital TV systems and monitoring equipment
• Experience operating television automation recording and playback, and video server systems
• Experience with iTX, Imagine Communications (formerly Harris/ADC), and Anvato live stream software a plus
• Experience with Master Control operations for live network and sports programming a plus
• Must be a team player, able to communicate with other operators, management, and station personnel
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision on a regular basis
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, which includes overnights, weekends, and holidays
WFXT/Boston 25 is an equal opportunity employer.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.