- Full Time
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. To produce still and motion graphics of quality and distinction that successfully communicate the message desired by the News and Creative Services Departments.
2. To support KIRO-TV in a highly professional manner.
3. Daily News Graphics: 75% - 85%
a. Creating day to day news graphics that consists of maps, over the shoulder images, full screen bullet point information (both still and animated) if needed
b. Working daily with producers and reporters
c. Meeting daily or hourly deadlines
1. To develop concepts, ideas and execute final artwork and animations for news, promotion, programming, sales and digital team.
2. To have user/playback knowledge of all crucial systems used in the graphics area including Macs and PCs, programs including The Adobe CC suite of Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and associated programs within the suite. Additional skills in Vizrt Curious Maps, Cinema 4D, ChyronHego Lyric, and knowledge of automation with tickers is also needed. Daily/weekly maintenance of the graphics library is also expected.
3. To maintain quality control checks, including but not limited to, spelling, organization of information, clear and easy to understand presentation of graphics for daily newscasts.
4. To prioritize and execute daily graphic workload.
5. Strong collaboration with news managers, producers and reporters, in order to assess their needs to deliver what is expected.
6. To help develop the design and coordination of pre-production and/or animation; make suggestions, provide source and digital files, consult with director (if needed) before production, and ensure that the finished work is delivered to the final destination.
7. Great teamwork collaboration within Creative Services on all projects for station marketing in both design, promotion and sales.
8. Excellent communication skills with all KIRO 7 employees in a professional and helpful manner.
9. Help create digital elements needed for kiro7.com and/or clients we serve if needed.
10. Will knowingly work a schedule that will include occasional daypart shift changes to help fill in for vacations, and/or on-call shifts as needed for graphics support.
11. Excellent communication skills with all KIRO employees in a professional and helpful manner.
Qualifications:QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• 1 – 2 years of professional design experience in a broadcast environment or equivalent
• 5 years news graphics design experience preferred.
• Knowledge of print design and production helpful.
• Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts or equivalent.
• Minimum 2 year Associates Degree.
• Working knowledge of newsroom production is a PLUS
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, overnights, holidays, early mornings, etc.
MUST INCLUDE LINK TO DEMO/VIDEO REEL ON RESUME
• Physical demands and essential physical abilities includes: a combination of physical work (standing, walking, lifting and carrying items such as laptop computers, pulling file drawers.
• Sedentary demands includes: document review and computer use, including ability to manipulate fingers to operate computer keyboard and mouse.
• Expected to work under deadline constraints and meet precise deadlines (including self-imposed deadlines).
• Routine interruptions and unforeseen assignments are to be expected.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.