- Full Time
Dealertrack is looking to add a Product Owner to the team. The Product Owner (PO) is a lead member of the Scrum Team and is responsible for both defining and prioritizing the Team Backlog so that the solution meets program priorities. The PO works daily with a team of application developers, QA developers and a Scrum Master to construct innovative software solutions. The Product Owner is responsible for working closely with the Product Management team to ensure that product vision, roadmap, marketing and the backlog are all in alignment.
- Support and internalize our in-market BA work - interface development with our International partners, start planning and launching of business/operational readiness work, support growing sales efforts.
- Collaborates with other product owners, product managers and other stakeholders to drive product strategy, design, innovation and overall product direction.
- Understand the product vision and evaluate various approaches to implement effective solutions.
- Drive innovation by translating thoughts and ideas into tangible product requirements in the form of features, epics and user stories.
- The PO builds, prunes, prioritizes and maintains the product backlog.
- Serve as the customer proxy and is responsible for working with Product Management to ensure that the Team Backlog is aligned with the program priorities.
- Works closely with Engineering technical leadership to ensure key architectural roadmap items are woven into the product backlog
- Defines stories that meet the objectives of the features within the Business Backlog
- Actively participates in iteration planning, including the coordination of content dependencies with other PO’s.
- Prioritizes and maintains the sprint backlog and performs just-in-time story elaboration with the implementation team.
- Reviews and accepts completed stories with a focus on product quality.
- Review/demonstrate sprint related or general functionality with external stakeholders and customers.
- Consistently manage stakeholder expectations.
- A Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Business,
Sales or Marketing
- 5 years of software product management related
- Welcomes solving problems with a positive
attitude, teamwork and innovation.
- An effective and persuasive communicator
(written, verbal, presentation, e-mail,
etc.), who is skilled at leading meetings and making presentations within all
areas of the company.
- 1-2 years’ experience as a Product Owner with an
Agile or Scrum based team.
- Highly collaborative and comfortable with both
high-level planning and tactical execution.
- Experience gathering and writing formal
business/functional/technical requirements, documentation, creating mock-ups,
etc. including a solid understanding of financial metrics and analytics.
- Unique blend of business and technical savvy
skills, a big picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
with lots of moving parts where information, resources, and priorities can
change quickly and where information must be readily digested and decisions
- Strong customer and user intuition.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.