Health.com is seeking a full-time editorial intern with excellent writing and social media skills and a passion for the women’s health and wellness topics that Health.com covers (from sexual health and wellness trends to medical news, food, fitness, nutrition, and lifestyle).
The editorial intern will have the opportunity to write articles and video copy, package content for social distribution, pitch multimedia feature ideas, and assist with research and reporting as needed. This is a great opportunity for a post-grad looking to get a foot in the door at a large publisher on the digital side and work with an extremely talented team of writers, editors, and producers.
- Assist with promoting content on Twitter and Flipboard, and producing Instagram Stories
- Source and write 1-2 news stories a day to help the brand deliver on growth goals
- Follow social media pages relating to health trends, fitness, food, and celebrities as well as follow health/wellness influencer accounts
- Ideate and pitch story ideas for onsite, social media, and SEO
- Write video copy as needed
- Tech-savvy: You know how to publish content in a CMS, ideally Drupal. You have experience working with social media, namely, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. PhotoShop skills a major plus.
- Proven: You understand what kind of story will attract readers and how to keep their attention and trust—with the clips to prove it.
- A multi-tasker: You’re prepared to handle whatever comes your way throughout the day with a can-do, positive attitude.
- Deadline-oriented: You’re used to managing multiple projects and deadlines—and finishing tasks on time.
- Passion for storytelling in all its forms. You’re a voracious reader and consumer of content across diverse platforms and outlets.
- Drive. You care about delivering strong work and have a willingness to go the extra mile.
- Curiosity. You’re always looking for story leads and are equally as receptive to professional feedback.
- A good attitude. You play well with others and love the process of collaboration.
- A familiarity with the Health brand and how Health.com’s coverage compares to that of other women’s health and wellness sites.
*Candidates must be located in NYC area -- this is an in-office job. The rate is $15/hour.
Please send resume, short cover letter, and relevant clips