Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 29650
Publishing Director, Preschool
Penguin Young Readers is looking for a Publishing Director for their emerging preschool line of books. This position will report to the Publisher of Penguin Workshop and be responsible for creating 20-30 books for the preschool category in a variety of formats. These titles will range from inspirational, to seasonal, to innovative. And the category range should include board books, original character 8x8s, as well as high-end novelty/gift.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
* Acquiring, editing, and working closely with a dedicated Preschool art director to create this line of books.
* Liaising with sales and marketing to ensure the program is distributed widely—from mass accounts to niche markets.
Please apply if you meet the following requirements:
* A true love of children’s books.
* An understanding of the current marketplace and the breakneck speed at which it is evolving.
* A vision for a program of this caliber, with connections and the capacity to execute this vision. It will rest on the Publishing Director’s shoulders to make this program smart, captivating, innovative, and fresh.
* A degree in early childhood development or similar experience.
* Strong collaborator, as this position will be working in tandem with art and design.
* 7+ years experience in children’s publishing.
* Prior experience working in a preschool space.
.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status