- Full Time
What's next in music happens on SoundCloud first. As the world’s largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners and curators who share, discover and influence what’s new, now and next in music and audio.
SoundCloud is building a robust in-house curation team to identify, organize and promote the best music from our creator and rights holder communities. We're going to be collecting, curating and distributing SoundCloud's unique catalog in order to build amazing listening experiences for our rapidly growing community.
The Managing Editor will oversee the week-over-week operations of this team as well as contribute to top-level strategic decisions. The basic requirement is that you understand the SoundCloud music landscape. You understand that this is a unique, quickly evolving space, and you are able to execute a curation strategy that realizes the opportunities and challenges inherent in this very singular ecosystem. You will oversee the front-to-back execution of all weekly curation content, from ideation, to programming to analysis. You will oversee a team of section editors and subject matter experts and will synthesize their expertise into curation promotions that move core SoundCloud business goals.
In the end, the expectation is that you will help us define the future of music culture.
- Collaborate on a compelling and singular creative vision for curation in Soundcloud.
- Providing key input into who the audience is, how they interact with our catalog, and ways we can translate this knowledge into a compelling, unique curation program.
- Determining style guide/parameters for playlist franchises and defining objectives and key metrics for each program/franchise.
- Providing input into product decisions that affect the curation team.
- Sourcing and managing a best-in-class team of professional curators and subject matter experts.
- Executing week-over-week production cycle.
- Developing and maintaining an editorial calendar that tracks key events and focus releases.
- Tracking content promotions over a two-week, four-week, and three-month production calendar.
- Managing subject-matter experts + copy chief. Ensuring assignments are made, best practices maintained, deadlines are met, and the machine runs smoothly.
- Overseeing a dashboard that tracks performance on a channel, playlist and service level as is relevant to curation priorities.
- Cross Functional Communication and Collaboration
- Primary WoW liaison with design/creative for requesting images.
- Ensuring that we get key assets from our artist/label/creator partners and they are kept abreast of key curation opportunities.
- Communicating key weekly programming priorities cross-functionally.
What You Bring:
- You know and love music. It’s the reason we’re here.
- You're an experienced, process-oriented project manager familiar with tools like Google Sheets/Xcel and can leverage a bootstrapped suite of tools and CMS.
- Data analysis skills (identifying WoW performance trends, developing performance baseline and establishing goals).
- Organizing and tracking a variety of cross-functional duties.
- Solid communication skills, with both internal teams and external stakeholders.
- You have at least seven years working in a managerial role in music media and/or digital music.
The role will be contracted through Third Bridge Creative, the world’s leading music editorial and curation agency. It will be based in New York.