- Full Time
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
News 12 New Jersey is looking for a dynamic news professional to manage all aspects of the business, including, but not limited to overseeing the, programming, editorial direction, and budgets of the station. The News Director will lead and direct the planning, gathering and production of news content on-air and across social media platforms. Use excellent news judgment to develop stories, generate assignments and evaluate news leads. Define and maintain ethics, integrity and editorial standards of the news station by making sound journalistic decisions. Act as a primary copy editor to insure effective story-telling. Manage and oversee the hiring, training, coaching and development and coaching of staff. Have Oversight of the facilities, purchasing and affiliate relations. Interact with executive management in the development and implementation of policies, priorities and short-and long-term strategic planning for the news station. In conjunction with network executives, the News Director will market the product, enhance ad sales opportunities, and direct the digital and social media strategies for the channel.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ten years in journalism, including 8 in television news, with a reputation for quality demonstrated through awards or honors
- At least five years in television management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as required in a newsroom environment
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, leadership, communication, motivational, and interpersonal skills
- Superior news judgment
- Excellent coaching and training skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of digital and social media platforms
- Ability to manage a high pressure newsroom environment
- Proficiency in current and emerging newsgathering and production technologies
- A thorough knowledge of libel laws and ethical foundations of journalism
- Understanding the economics of a news station
- Experience with programming and production budgets preferred
- Ad sales experience preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.