- Full Time
KETV-TV is looking for a well-rounded Website Editor who will be creating copy and video elements for its website, mobile products and social media platforms. The successful candidate will be an excellent storyteller and multi-tasker who can edit and create content facing intense competition under constant deadline pressure.
- Write/edit and publish breaking news, daily news, sports, weather, and feature stories for the station’s website, mobile and social media pages.
- Write compelling headlines
- Develop and edit text-overlay and other kinds of video reports
- Develop strategies for social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat
- Work with Reporters and Assignment Editors to ensure content is posted quickly and accurately
- Work with Producers, Assignment Editors and Managers to ensure cross promotion of content across all platforms
- Managing LIVE streams of newscasts and breaking news
- Consistently contribute ideas to help grow the stations digital platforms
- Other duties as required
- Previous digital editing experience required
- Professional experience with nonlinear editing software (Adobe Premiere or equivalent) required.
- Strong news and editorial judgment
- Excellent AP writing skills
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop and video editing
- Strong understanding of social media best practices
- Flexibility to work different shifts, holidays, etc. on short notice to cover a 24-hour news cycle
- Ability to work well in a multi-tasking environment with frequent interruptions, while paying close attention to details
- College Degree in Journalism or related field
- Military training from Defense Information School with experience will be considered