Research Analyst, Phocuswright
3 days left
- Full Time
Phocuswright, a subsidiary of Northstar Travel Group, is recruiting a Research Analyst to join our exclusive group of thought leaders and grow our renowned global travel research and intelligence practice. Qualified candidates love to write, know how to find answers to tough questions, and report on those findings with passion, clarity and charisma. They are comfortable with multiple research methodologies – surveys, desk research, and executive interviews. They have excellent communications skills; travel, tourism and hospitality experience; and are plugged into the latest trends and technologies that are shaping our industry.
This position is based in our office in mid-town Manhattan, just a block away from Penn Station.
The Research Analyst will be responsible for identifying industry trends, cultivating sources, interviewing executives, sizing/forecasting markets, and analyzing research results to create compelling articles, reports, and live presentations. He/she will act as a source of intelligence among the Phocuswright analyst community and the industry at large.
Specifically, the Research Analyst will:
- Research topics and trends using a broad range of data sources, including surveys, executive interviews and other sources of primary and secondary research
- Closely follow industry events and innovations; cultivate and share market expertise
- Write and review frequent articles and reports on current topics
- Contribute to Phocuswright’s market sizing and forecasting process
- Work closely with clients to identify their problems and goals and deliver meaningful findings
- Support related press activity and speaking engagements
- Liaise with other departments to support the overall growth of the Phocuswright business
- Contribute to consumer research projects, from survey design to preparing and presenting final deliverables. This includes both quantitative and qualitative methodologies (e.g., focus groups).
- Work with colleagues and also oversee outside analysts to develop survey questionnaires, execute fielding, analyze findings, aggregate results and prepare compelling deliverables in slide decks and final reports
- Manage or contribute to qualitative research projects, including development of discussion guides, interviews with key executives, analyst briefings and desk research
- Assist in the sales process by recommending approaches and methodology to clients to obtain their objectives
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical ability and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to interpret multiples sets of data and derive meaningful insights
- Adept at organizing ideas, structuring content and creating narratives
- Experience working in the travel, tourism and hospitality industry
- Familiarity with consumer survey writing
- Passion for the business of travel and the technology innovation that is transforming it
- Excellence in productivity software – spreadsheets, Word, presentations – is a must!
- Minimum undergraduate college degree and 5 years work experience
- Background in statistics and/or SPSS is a plus
Other Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Deep comfort with quantitative analysis, including public financial reporting, survey data, and other data sets is a plus
- Public speaking and presentations of all forms – large audiences, client presentations, live interviews and panels is a plus
Check out what our employees have to say: http://www.northstartravelgroup.com/about-us/join-the-team.
Northstar Travel Group is an equal opportunity employer.