Location: Miramar, Florida
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Producer’s primary responsibilities are to produce, organize and coordinate all elements involved in creating and producing a fast paced newscast in Miramar, FL. This individual will work closely with the Executive Producer, Assignment Editors, Reporters and Anchors. Producer will follow stations news philosophy of Breaking News, Breaking Weather, and Responds (Consumer investigative). Ability to write, copy, edit video, produce and gather content under heavy deadline pressure, without compromising accuracy or credibility. You must be willing to react to breaking news, change your rundown accordingly, contribute story ideas daily, create graphics, assign & edit news-copy, produce other newscasts & specials as needed. Must be willing to work long hours during breaking news if required.
• Degree in Broadcasting, Journalism or related field.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience producing in a broadcast or cable news environment.
• Able to work a flexible schedule and shifts including evenings, overnights, weekends, holidays and breaking news with short notice.
Must be willing to work in Miramar, FL
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Knowledge and understanding of various media platforms, including broadcast, web, and mobile.
• Experience as a producer in a major market for television, web based news service or mid-sized market.
• Experience utilizing social media as a news gathering/reporting tool.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• Ability to direct the news crew in a "producer-driven” environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively and work well with people while under pressure.
• Familiarity with local leaders a plus.
• Up to date on and interested in current news events
• Knowledge of laws of libel, slander and applicable FCC rules and regulations.
• Personal initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Displays a positive work ethic and can work under tight deadlines.
• High degree of integrity and professionalism.
• Strong organizational skills.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.