Technology Reporter: Alphabet and Silicon Valley
Location: Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Break news about Alphabet, including stories about the business, culture, and people.Write smart next-minute and longer-term analysis about Alphabet’s business.Pitch and write features focusing on great human stories in and around Alphabet and Silicon Valley culture at large.Chip in on fast-breaking news as needed.
CNBC is seeking a Technology Reporter to expand and improve our coverage of Alphabet and Silicon Valley tech culture.
• At least 3 years of experience covering tech or business news, ideally in a digital-first setting.
• Sources in or close to Alphabet and its diverse businesses, possibly including advertising, media, hardware, and venture.
• Demonstrated ability to write clean copy fast.
• Business finance experience – must be familiar with balance sheets, S-1 filings, etc.
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in San Francisco (preferred) or Englewood Cliffs, NJ.
• Demonstrated ability to break news.
• A body of writing that demonstrates knowledge of your desired beat area.
• Strong critical thinker.
• Experience using FOIAs, court documents, and other public sources.
• Desire to work in a fast-paced digital news environment.
• Team player, must cooperate and coordinate with journalists, editors, and producers from all parts of CNBC.
• TV appearance experience a plus.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.