If you are an entrepreneurial self-starter with proven negotiating skills, a collaborative approach to working, and superb attention to detail, then we may have the perfect opportunity for you!
Penguin Publishing Group (PPG) is seeking an experienced lecture agents to work within a newly established team that represents our growing roster of authors in the PRH Speakers Bureau. This department represents world-class authors, leaders, and thought leaders with a mission of securing speaking engagements with corporations, corporate conferences, literary series, libraries, universities, schools, and other venues across the world.
The role will be responsible for booking speaking engagements for PPG authors and will expand our current roster of clients and growing speaker revenues for the division. The position will be responsible for managing all aspects of client relationships, from marketing to logistics.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Strategizing, pitching and booking paid speaking engagements for a portion of the Penguin Publishing Group’s roster of speakers
* Recruiting and signing new author talent to expand the existing speaker roster.
* Collaborating with the PPG publicity, marketing, and sales departments on author management and book sales as related to events.
* Working with the finance and Speakers Bureau team by generating and reviewing contracts.
* Coordinating logistics, including event itineraries and author travel.
* Coordinating speaker marketing efforts with the central Speakers Bureau marketing team, including drafting and reviewing pitch materials, speaker bios, and social media content.
* Distributing contracts and website profiles to newly-signed authors.
* Attending publishing launch, editorial, publicity, and other strategy meetings to proactively identify new author talent,
* Researching and pitching new speaking venues, including corporations, conference opportunities, media outlets etc.
* Traveling to select author events and industry conferences.
* Managing and mentoring one Associate level direct report.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.