Graphics Producer, TODAY
Location: New York, New York
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
NBC News is seeking a Graphics Producer for the 3rd Hour of TODAY. This person helps to create and support the development and execution of graphics, interfacing with the ArtWorks team and with the EP of the Show.
Job Duties:Develop innovative and creative ways of presenting stories, while maintaining accuracy and editorial integrity.Work with the ArtWorks team, executives and producers to facilitate complete, compelling coverage of news and topical events.Handle detailed management and oversight of all assigned projects.Assist the team in creative ideation and execution of unique story-telling and production strategies.Must be an expert collaborator with strong leadership and management skills required to take full and independent ownership of demanding projects, while also being able to take direction from co-workers and producers.Manage the creation and implementation of graphics for broadcast and digital spots, as well as development of the show’s graphic package, overall look and style guide.Assist in the execution of on-air graphics in a live control room.
• 4+ years’ experience in news production with knowledge of motion graphic design and/or post-production.
• 1+ year control room experience for a live broadcast.
• Must have working knowledge of VizRT platform and Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop/After Effects), as well as experience creating customized production campaigns for television and/or digital media (online, social, mobile).
• Must be highly organized and able to manage details for multiple projects efficiently while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced working environment.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York City
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Thrives working under intense deadline pressure.
• Able to work in a live control room, under intense pressure, executing on-air graphic needs
• Hands-on experience supervising/creating cutting-edge motion graphics.
• Proven background of creative graphic development and execution of broadcast content.
• Ongoing interest in, and knowledge of, current design and graphic trends.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Highly organized and able to manage details efficiently while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
• A team leader and team player with the highest level of personal integrity and a passion for flawless broadcast execution
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.